Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keyboard problem

Options
  • 05-05-2005 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

I baught a new keyboard from flor griffen the other day.. Sweex essentials -- multimedia office keyboard. I followed instructions to install and everything went fine.. asked me to rebooth..I did. it light up.. there is a little icon in the task bar, but when i click on it a little box comes up with greyed out buttons on it and nothing works. what have i done wrong??? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I presume the mouse is still working, .. Open device manager in the control panel & look down to keyboard/mice. If there is a yellow sign beside this right click select uninstall, right click an empty area select scan for hardware changes & reinstall again..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

:( there is no yellow sign. I am still using my old keyboard, the new one is connected to usb. the first time i tried to install it I didnt do that I disconnected my old one.. so, should are you saying I should get uninstall my orignal one? ahhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

worth a try.. With the 2 connected is the device mgr seeing both & telling you both are working. If so it has to be a conflict...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Oh guys I am sorry for going on about this keyboard.. but i really need help!!! it still wont work for me. I have tried everything.. what is ment by a "conflict" and how can i sort it???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

gubby wrote:
    "conflict" and how can i sort it???

Remove the old keyboard and reboot,

Also try a different usb port to rule that out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

after reboot you should have a option to press F10 for the bios check and see if you can access that with the new keyboard -

Advertisement