Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winamp 5.09

Options
  • 05-05-2005 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭

www.winamp.com

what's the deal with this i thought they ceased production?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

what do you mean? Looks good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mp3guy wrote:
    what do you mean? Looks good to me
    i thought they had stop supporting the winamp product once it was bought by AOL.

or did i dream this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

AOL bought Nullsoft (the Winamp people) a long time (some years) ago. It was being slowly strangled out of existence by AOL Time Warner due to a lack of money, last time I checked (not surprising; you don't earn much dosh selling a free product, even if there is a payware "Pro" version); as far as I know, all they're doing is occasional bugfixes and stuff right now (IIRC only one of the development team is still around?)

Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

There's still 2 of them going strong. AOL just decided to try to close Nullsoft though. Once they managed to destroy Netscape, they clearly turned their attention to another popular application.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't go open source at some stage anyway. Winamp will be with us for a long time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Winamp is the best.............. although I love winamp 2 because it takes about .2 of a second to start up.

Long live winamp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

We can have winamp die, i love the program

Advertisement