Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband is very sloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Options
  • 05-05-2005 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

I've the standard home cheapo package from Eircom & it has been slower than dialup for the past 24 hours. I was downloading something from Limewire but stopped it, disconnected the programme, rebooted the PC & still slower than a no-legged turtle

Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭seanogal

babaduck wrote:
    I've the standard home cheapo package from Eircom & it has been slower than dialup for the past 24 hours. I was downloading something from Limewire but stopped it, disconnected the programme, rebooted the PC & still slower than a no-legged turtle

Any tips?
    mine is the same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

no probs here on eircon bb

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Try downloading something through a heanet mirror (any sourceforge program is mirrored on heanet). If that doesn't come in at full whack, check if your connection is being "shared" with someone you don't want to share with. Try it with a different computer but the same router. Then phone eircom.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

is your eircom modem a wireless one? i was stealing bb of one for free for 3months lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

is your eircom modem a wireless one? i was stealing bb of one for free for 3months lol

lol

pretty normal here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

lol my next door neighboor has a wireless network - wich i have been jumping on and off for the last couple of weeks ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I get superior pings to game servers than almost everybody else using irish broadband :confused:

not saying i like eircom or anything but I can't really fault there service thus far(pity it took 15months to get broadband off them to begin with :mad: )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Can't see anything wrong with eircom bb at the mo. Get 200k plus d'loads from most sites. Like the previous posters said, if you are on wireless make sure you aren't carrying some 'passengers'.

Advertisement