Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Dell Laptop Upgradeable ?

Options
  • 05-05-2005 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭

I might have an opportunity in work to buy for small money an old laptop which is being replaced.
    Its a Dell Latitude D300 from around the turn of the centuary or a little before.
    Its a Pentium II 300 Mhz- 128M ram.It has (for the time) a largish HD 4 gigs.
    Its operating sys is Win 95

My question is would it be powerful enough to run a newer version of Windows say Win 2000 ? I do not intend spending anything extra on it !

Seven Worlds will Collide

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Yes it should be ok - link

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Thanks V much Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

I seen one of them just at the weekend in the fairyhouse marKet ,he was selling it for 100 i think ,with a power adapter nice little laptop for its day..If its the one im thinking of ..with 128 you could run a slow XP, but the cpu "p2" wont do to well , might be slugish... but your grand with 2000 or ME ...best of luck with it

just had a look on google its not the one i seen ...the one i seen is the smaller black type must have been an earlier model

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Yea well I was thinking of offering 50 for it.I dont really need it but if I got it for that I'd take it.
    Since I had it I wouldn't say there is hardly an original part of it left !
    It had 3 new cases due to the hinges seizing,a keyboard,screen,power supply,CD and floppy and hard drive all replaced.It was used a good bit ok but definitely not abused.

So when I was buying a laptop of my own one brand I didn't consider was Dell.

Advertisement