Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Regular events

Options
  • 05-05-2005 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

Lets make a list of regular events and a note on what its about, and how good it is. I'll try to keep this up to date.

Tuesday
    The Ruby Sessions in Doyles
    Four acts (usually Irish, sometimes scottish or other nearby) play a set of about 40 minutes each. It's small and cosy. €5 in, which goes to the Simon Community. You may not recognise any acts that you see there, but you may see acts that later become 'big'. Acts i've seen there include Declan O'Rourke, Mark Geary,Gemma Hayes, Paddy Casey, Mundy. Doors 9:00. Ruby Sessions

Wednesday
    Comedy Cellar in the International Bar
    I haven't been yet, but i've heard good things about it. Doors 9:00. Comedy Cellar

Greyhound Racing in Shelbourne Park
    This is always popular. Ten greyhound races for you to bet on. You can have a meal during it and the food is good ;). I don't know how much it costs cos i was there on a work night out, but let me know and i'll update this. They also run on Thursday and Saturday nights. Shelbourne Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Every Tuesday 9PM in the Ha' Penny Bridge Inn just south of the Ha' Penny Bridge. Small room upstairs with open mic for singer/magicians/comedians.
    €6/5.
    http://www.battleoftheaxe.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

theres a comedy night in the international bar (upstairs) on a monday night...
    now if only i wasnt barred from there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

Saturday
    There's a food market on every saturday in Meeting House Square in Temple Bar. They do free samples at some of the stalls, and apparently, it's all organic.

Sunday
    Songs of Praise in the Village
    I read about this in a magazine, but it sounds interesting. It's a rock Karaoke night on Sundays at 9.00 pm. I assume it's free, but if i go to it this week, i'll post more info, unless anyone else wants to :D .

Coco Market in Dun Laoghaire
    Regular market in the park near teddys ice cream. Lots of food including many types of bread and fudge. Also, you can get some frre samples, but don't milk it or they won't like you :) .

Advertisement