Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carpet dying

Options
  • 05-05-2005 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i've recently heard of this.

my carpet is a cream colour and as you can imagine get dirty v easily (was there when i moved in)

has anyone had there carpet dyed, and how much does it cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I can't see how that is poossible. If you dye clothes they need to be left in the dye for a good while with heat most ways. It can be done cold but require a similar kind of stewing involved. With hair dying you also need to leave it on a while and then there is a lot of rinsing.
    If the carpet is not natural you would also have another big problem. THe moisture involced might prove more damdaging to the floor too. Chipboard really doesn't take well to water and many floors use this now.
    It sounds like an idea but I would say it would not be very successful. If you are really set on the idea I would suggest using hair dye and go for a kind of pattern or design rather than try to dye the lot. Get a wet vacum cleaner too.

EDIT: I take it all back it appears to be possible just did a search. Mad what will they think of next inflatable woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

My carpet died recently and i threw it in a skip...... :o

Advertisement