Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Dongle problem..

Options
  • 05-05-2005 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭

Got a BT Dongle there recently, and i'm having nothing but problems installing it on XP (with SP2).

Even after installing the software / driver's that came with the dongle, the dongle is still being recognised in the Device Manager as a 'USB Composite Device'

Also.. there should be a Bluetooth section in Device Manager which doesn't appear after installation.

Have installed an endless amount of drives, CD-ROM's (etc.) and am absolutely ripping my hair out trying to get a simple BT dongle to be recognised.

Any suggestions are welcome!!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

fade2black wrote:
    Cheers for that fade2black.

Can't really try anything now.. i'm at work!

But i bought it off a guy here on Boards.. and he sent me a link to the manufacturer's site (Epox) with a fix for the dongle with XP (with SP2).

Will let ye all know if i get it sorted. But i'm not holding my breath.. it's a nightmare! Was at it for absolutely ages last night!

Anyways, thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

No bother, the problem really stems from the fact that service pack 2 comes with it's own Bluetooth software so there is a conflict between that and the dongle software. I had the same problem as you at the beginning but I got it sorted eventually, can't remember how though, but at least you know there's hope. (Think it was something to do with matching up the right ports)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

I pulled my hair out with this for ages.
    Here are the instructions I followed to get it to work:

http://forum.skype.com/viewtopic.php?t=10822

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Have you tried just plugging it in and letting xp pick it up and install the MS driver? This is the easiest way with xp sp2 and bluetooth devices in my experience.

• Advertisement

skywalker wrote:
    Have you tried just plugging it in and letting xp pick it up and install the MS driver? This is the easiest way with xp sp2 and bluetooth devices in my experience.
    Doesn't work... that's what i tried first! And i got it recognised as a 'USB Composite Device' and not it keeps being recognised as this, even though i installed the Widdcom BT drivers.
    dal wrote:
    I pulled my hair out with this for ages.
    Here are the instructions I followed to get it to work:

http://forum.skype.com/viewtopic.php?t=10822
    Cheers for that.. took a quick glance at it but all guides (including this one) seem to have no problem getting up a Bluetooth subsection in Device Manager, whereas this is the main problem i'm having!

Nope... tried everything! Still can't get it working!

Driving me fecking mad!!

The Device Manager keeps recognising the Dongle as a 'USB Composite Device'... i tried renaming (and deleting) the driver it's using (usbccgp.sys) and it's just keeps recreating it. And no matter if i install the Widdcomm drivers, it's still not bringing me up a Bluetooth Devices subsection in Device Manager (which it should)

So, i thought i'd reinstall Service Pack 2. It says i have it installed under System Properties. And yet there's no option to uninstall it from my Add / Remove Programs list (even with 'Show Updates' checked) and Windows Update obviously recognises i've it installed as it doesn't prompt me to install it when i go there!

Anyone else any tips beside throwing the Dongle under the nearest moving car? :mad:

Advertisement