Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting started on Ebay

Options
  • 05-05-2005 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but move it if not.

I've been really interested in selling goods on Ebay. I'm interested in selling electrical goods at first but im unsure of how to go about it.

As far as acquiring, for example, Cameras in bulk, how do i go about that??

I can't seem to find any tips on getting started with selling.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
    TH

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

One bit of advice that I'll offer is that you'll need to build up your rating as a buyer first.

People are wary of purchasing off someone who's got a low rating for whatever reason.

Not sure about getting stock tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Yea i would also recommend building your reputation as a buyer or small seller first.

Try to get your hands on one of those ebay books available at most good bookstores. The ebay for dummies one for example they have a very helpful section on starting an ebay business.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭tophurler

khannie,

I understand the feedback ratings are vitally important - Its always something I take into consideration before I purchase anything.

How I get my hands on stock is whats confusing me.

TH

dceire,

Do you reckon those books are worth it?? I was always under the impression that they were just stating the obvious. I'd get one if ye think they are helpful.

TH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I haven't read any of them myself but I've heard that if you are thinking of starting an ebay business and know little about it then they are useful once you sift past all the simple crap about buying and selling.

I'm not sure if it will help you find suppliers though :o

• Advertisement

:) I think thats gonna be the trickiest part, like I've sold small stuff on it already so the whole delivery/payment thing I can do.

Looking to earn some extra cash on the side.
    Do ya know anyone who sells on ebay??

TH

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I sell on ebay. And lots of companies will sell bulk on ebay. They normally list in the description, to the right of the picture how many items they have to sell.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you need to find yourself a good wholesale supplier in asia somewhere.

there's plenty of people selling wholesale lists on ebay too. would be a good first purchase if you're looking to get into selling on ebay.

just make sure you get a list off someone who's good a good rep for selling lists. :D

I never even thought about looking on Ebay itself for a wholesale list - great idea!

I'll have a gander and let ye know what i find

Thanks
    TH

I've managed to find a wholesaler and received qoutes on the product im looking to sell.
    Thanks for the advice folks

TH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

[/QUOTE]
    tophurler wrote:
    I've managed to find a wholesaler and received qoutes on the product im looking to sell.

could you give me the address of the wholesaler site please

Advertisement