Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plasma screen scratched!

Options
  • 04-05-2005 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

My new plasma screen is after getting scratched. Does anyone know where I can bring it to get fixed or if its even possible?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

I did some reading around and there is a chance your home insurance might cover getting it repaired. The outer layer on the screen is a replaceable item called a "filter" or something like that but it's not cheap.
    There are also a few kits you could get like they use for repairing car windscreens and alike. But I've no idea of what the side effects of this would be to the screen, would it remove the anti-glare coating in that area also and be left with a blotch on the screen? You better do some checking up on that some more.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

i reckon insurance is the way to go. by the way what make is it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

Its a black Diamond 28". I dont think the insurance will cover it since it was hit with a hurl :o

Does a repair shop even exist for plasma screens?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

I don't think your insurance company will care what caused the damage once it happened inside your house ;) , somethings are even covered beyond that. I'd say your best bet is to look for a black diamond/mitsubishi dealer and see if they will send it for repairs. I don't know of any shop doing plasma repairs.

Advertisement