Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Activation Problem.

Options
  • 04-05-2005 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I have xp and reinstalled in and activated it about 15 days after use now with the 30 days use before activation after i activated it it worked grand now 15 days later it said that i cannot log in untill i activate it. Then i go to activated it it says Already activated and logs me out and just keeps repeating itself, anyway around this without doing a reinstall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

You might need to contact Microsoft and explain the situation to them. They will(should) then issue you a new activation number...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

A quick call to Microsoft should sort that out for you. There's probably a way to force-activate it that they can do for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

But there is no option to do it?It just has ok nothin to change the key or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

could be corrupted needing reinstall?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah i kinda guessed just thought there might be a glimer of hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

Wait! Don't go reinstalling yet. Lomb, you're gettin me all hot an' bothered!!!

As the boys said, ring Microsoft. There's a manual activation process that might just work here.
    It's worth a try before reinstalling everything. And if you've just do that in the past 30 days, what's to say it won't happen again?

Advertisement