Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPU Fan

Options
  • 04-05-2005 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

I have on oldskool Geforce 256 with a broken fan. The GPU gives off a ridiculous amount of heat. Can't seem to find a replacement fan anywhere.

Is there any way I can fix this very very cheaply? Do I need a similar fan that sits against the heatsink or will simply blowing air on it be enough? It seems to have very few fins.

The card may be a relic but it works, don't want to buy a new one if I can fix the fan easily.

Any help would be fan-tastic :D (sorry)

fan1.jpg

fan2.jpg

fan3.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Felstorm

Cleaning out the dust regulary would be a start becasue i think thats what broke your old one. I doubt you could get a replacement due to the odd sise of the heatsink/fan fan but would you be able to afford the cheapest card out there? It wouldnt cost that much more that the fan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hi,

I had a Geforce ti4200 and replaced the fan on it due to insuffient cooling. You can pick replacement GPU fan's handy enough from maplin electronics which are located on jervis st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Hal1 wrote:
    Hi,

I had a Geforce ti4200 and replaced the fan on it due to insuffient cooling. You can pick replacement GPU fan's handy enough from maplin electronics which are located on jervis st.

And in Blanchardstown shopping center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Hal1 wrote:
    Hi,

Wow, didnt know ye could do this with a Ti4200. Where did ye get the replacement fan?

Must tell my bro bout this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I'll have a look in Maplin, thanks.

For the moment I've just stuck a PSU fan against the card blowing air onto the sink, seems to be cooling it very well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement