Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ Harvey

Options
  • 04-05-2005 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

PJ Harvey's Oxegen performance is being broadcasted at 8pm on 2fm this Sunday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

John2 wrote:

nice one i was sickened i missed her at oxygen

but i did see her in the olympia and she was amazing
    definitely my favourite female artist ever
    heard a awful rumour recently that she isn't going to be playing live anymore
    nearly broke my heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

technobob wrote:
    nice one i was sickened i missed her at oxygen

but i did see her in the olympia and she was amazing
    definitely my favourite female artist ever
    heard a awful rumour recently that she isn't going to be playing live anymore
    nearly broke my heart!

I was at the Olympia and Oxegen. Both were great but the Olympia was better. I heard that rumour too but I was talking to someone who was at her "final" show. She basically said that was the last show of the tour and that she wouldn't be playing again for a while. Of course to NME that means she's calling it quits :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

John2 wrote:

Ah nice one, John2! Thanks for that :)
    Saw her at both Oxegen + Olympia last year, 'WOW'!

But I'll tell ya something lads, I'm the next PJ Harvey so I am! ;)
    Slan

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

oh sweet!
    funny story actually..
    for various reasons or other i was backstage at oxegen and was intent on meeting polly jean(who wouldnt be?)..so anyway i stumbled across her(looking amazing) and was all starstruck and i think i said "hi!i just wanted to say "hey" before you went on stage.." she was very very nice..said thanks etc..
    it was after that i realised in my quest to meet her, id missed her show..and was wishing her goodluck for the show she had just played..
    polly, if you are reading this..im sorry..

Well now you've a chance to hear what you missed, so all is not lost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I was at the olympia gig... great gig i have to say. Hasn't dissapointed any time ive seen her..

Just a bump to remind everyone that the concert is broadcasted tonight. I've a minidisc in the stereo ready to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Yea! Remember seeing her at Slane...god that was some dress.....if anyone finds any pix please let me kno :D

Pretty much every dress she wears is some dress!

What did you all think of the broadcast? I thought the mix was a bit strange, the bass was very prominent and the guitars were way back. Great to have recordings of the songs that are only done live (Uh Huh Her being one, can't remember the name of the other).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

John2 wrote:
    Pretty much every dress she wears is some dress!

Indeed... I was near enough the front at the olympia... lets just say her dress was short... I think everybody near the front got an eyeful if they wanted to or not...

ah... you gotta love polly :p

• Advertisement

You really do. I hope she's prompt in doing another album.

Advertisement