Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rules ??

Options
  • 04-05-2005 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

home game.NL holdem STT.
    button skips a player and wrong guy puts in big blind.the flop comes and there is action . it is then discoverd that the button position is wrong ..is it a misdeal and chips are given back or does the hand continue.if it does continue who places blinds on next hand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

ZZR1100 wrote:
    home game.NL holdem STT.
    button skips a player and wrong guy puts in big blind.the flop comes and there is action . it is then discoverd that the button position is wrong ..is it a misdeal and chips are given back or does the hand continue.if it does continue who places blinds on next hand

it's not a misdeal as action has taken place. the hand stands as everyone has acted on what ever cards they have.

the button is moved on to the next postion it would take as if a normal hand had taken place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Would the button not be moved back one position for the next hand and then forward two positions for the following hand? (with the blinds moving accordingly)

That way, it still gives every player the chance to be in every position in a round.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

Crumbs wrote:
    Would the button not be moved back one position for the next hand and then forward two positions for the following hand? (with the blinds moving accordingly)

That way, it still gives every player the chance to be in every position in a round.

no i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be. If you do that you mess up 3 hands instead of just the one. To the guy who missed out on his button, it's his own fault as he should have pointed it out before action had taken place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

From Robert's Rules Of Poker, under "Irregularities":

"In button games, if it is discovered that the button was placed incorrectly on the previous hand, the button and blinds will be corrected for the new hand in a manner that gives every player one chance for each position on the round (if possible)."

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

Hi crumbs, where could I get a copy of roberts rules of poker?
    I'm waiting on the new book of rules Thomas Kremser is writing up(taking quite a while). I would like to have of a copy of the above in the meantime, can you help me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

thanx fatboy

Advertisement