Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZoneAlarm problem

Options
  • 04-05-2005 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

I installed ZoneAlarm (free version) on my Pc today after having it for a couple of months problem free on my laptop. It works grand on my PC but now my laptop, which is hooked up to PC for broadband, can't operate on the internet unless i turn of ZoneAlarm on the PC.

I have tried setting the laptop I.P. as a trusted zone & also read the help but can't figure out where I'm going wrong.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or recommend a suitable alternative?
    Cheers, ixus.

What are the best firewalls currently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

You have to set the IP as safe on both machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Set them both to safe (both I.P.s are the same anyway).
    On both the laptop & the PC there is an IP range/Adapter Subnet set (both the same).
    I'm pretty new to this, so it may be something obvious. It's driving me up the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

under firewall, change the level to medium for internet and save
    it is probably at high now

Advertisement