Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Outer Limits

Options
  • 04-05-2005 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember this show? I used to love it. Is it on any channel these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Sci-Fi channel every day at 11am and 5pm and various other times...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

"We control the horizontal, and the verticle"

loved the starting sequence and there was some really good episodes and alot of crappy one but yeah it were good

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

There were ALOT of crap ones. I can't remember any of the good ones though. Was pretty much a modern day version of Twilight Zone wasn't it?

good ones that i remember

sand kings
    doomsday device
    an episode with wesley crusher in it, but cant remember the name
    actually i dont remember the names of any of the other ones so i would be just saying "the one with the robots rebuilding man" or "the one where..." and it would begin to sound like alot of friends episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

"A Stitch in Time" was one of my favourite episodes...

There definitely were some poor episodes alright, but overall a great show.

• Advertisement

was that the one where the girl kept going back into her past to stop thing and when she came back she had a new set of memories, eventaully her brain broke???

something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

LOL, I was hoping I might be on pleb TV!

Sand Kings was brilliant, I'd forgotten that it was an Outer Limits episode. Anyone remember the one where they kidknap people and then harvest them tor their talents, so they can sell them to other people? Or the mind prison episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

There is nothing wrong with your television. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are now controlling the transmission. We control the horizontal and the vertical. We can deluge you with a thousand channels or expand one single image to crystal clarity and beyond. We can shape your vision to anything our imagination can conceive. For the next hour we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I loved the endings, especially the ones where everything goes wrong. The voice-over guy was great then.

I've a few eps here on my comp, I've a few more to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

madrab wrote:
    an episode with wesley crusher in it, but cant remember the name

ah yea I remember that one. Fantastic episode, but i can hardly remember the story. I think at the end of it, he fires a weapon at an enemy planet which is supposed to destroy the planet, but then he finds out its actually Earth... or something, it was class eitherway :)

• Advertisement

yeah it was earths last chance,some super neutron bomb

they were meant to launch it at the enemy home planet but they had been in suspended animation during flight(i think) and some of the crew were actually aliens and had turned the ship around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

sanskings (brillent ep)
    stitch in time (vrillent ep)
    afterlife
    deprogramers
    birthright
    the voice of reason (seandkinds also)
    straight and narrow (brillent ep)
    human operaters (funny ep Ship: "You may Couple")

outer limits is brillent ive always loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

madrab wrote:
    was that the one where the girl kept going back into her past to stop thing and when she came back she had a new set of memories, eventaully her brain broke???

Thats the one!

yeah that was pretty cool alright

i loved the really bleak scifi eps more than the horror ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thefuturehead

crud i remember watching on a weds on sky one. x-files used to be on the tues evening. good times.

i liked the episode where the parents were genetically modifying their baby, and then found out that the kid next door hadn't REALLY died, he had become a horrible mutant. ugly little ****er he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

The Wesley Crusher one involved a last ditch attempt to destroy the alieans with a superweapon. At the end he realises only too late that he's been tricked by an alien (played by Robert Patrick) disguised as a human. He watches the bomb drop toward earth...

It was a continuation of one of my favourites in which Robert Patrick played a human pilot held prisoner by the aliens along with a young woman. Anyone remember that one? "They're changing me back..." was the killer twist.

pauldeehan wrote:
    It was a continuation of one of my favourites in which Robert Patrick played a human pilot held prisoner by the aliens along with a young woman. Anyone remember that one? "They're changing me back..." was the killer twist.

dont think i saw that one but there is something about it that sounds familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

madrab wrote:
    dont think i saw that one but there is something about it that sounds familiar
    ye same here
    mabe we both saw ad for it or something but now that i think of it i dont think ive evfer seen a add for outer limits

Advertisement