Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Village

Options
  • 04-05-2005 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Was just wondering do they ask for ID at The Village?Or is it anyone can get in??Do they have a bar there?I checked the site but couldn't find out some stuff.

Cheers
    Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

It's 18's, they have a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Mongo wrote:
    Hey all

Was just wondering do they ask for ID at The Village?Or is it anyone can get in??Do they have a bar there?I checked the site but couldn't find out some stuff.

Cheers
    Mike
    Yes, No, Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Damn damn damn.I guess that's Fantomas out the door for me!!

Are they strict???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Dunno, when I was there they asked my age and if I had ID, but didn't make me show it.
    Saying that though, people have mistaken me for a 25 year old since I was about 16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Mongo wrote:
    Damn damn damn.I guess that's Fantomas out the door for me!!
    Hate that! :D

It's just I don't wanna buy a ticket and accomodation in Dublin only to get turned away.Travelling from Cork like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Well actually sometimes they can be a bit anal and say 21s...go there often enough for gigs and that, but every now and again if ur going to the bar they'll say 21s...gashbags, nice place though, once you get past the pretenious wagons.

Could you not skank someones ID for the night...?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i was there a couple of weeks back to see brendan benson, they id'd everyone at the door. but didn't matter to me as i'm 19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Yeah, I've been to quite a few gigs there and only once have I not been asked for ID.

But if you like Fantomas you might be interested in the show on in Whelan's on the same night, Wolf Eyes. Although they are a bit heavier/noisier/weirder than Fantomas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

There's one bouncer at The Village who i despise! If there's a group going in he does things like check everyone's ID, then smirks, then says "i think this place is a bit old for you don't you?" Grrrr!

There's one bouncer at The Village who i despise! If there's a group going in he does things like check everyone's ID, then smirks, then says "i think this place is a bit old for you don't you?" Grrrr!

I think that's only for the bar because I've never seen under 21's not allowed into the venue (provided they have ID of course). Not that it matters to me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

John2 wrote:
    I think that's only for the bar because I've never seen under 21's not allowed into the venue (provided they have ID of course). Not that it matters to me :cool:

my brother was refused this time last year, two weeks before his 18th birthday so I wouldnt bet on getting in

Alright cheers.Not too bothered about drinking like just getting in.Thats a balls was psyched to see Mike Patton too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

John2 wrote:
    But if you like Fantomas you might be interested in the show on in Whelan's on the same night, Wolf Eyes.

Whelan's is just as bad, if not worse, than The Village in terms of ID requirement.

I have been turned away/forced to give hassle countless times at the above two places that, in the end, it's just not worth it unless it's your favourite band or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

When i was going to whelan's underage, it was hard without ID. (i was going to gigs, not drinking).
    Few years on, and i have to say they still do check.
    Actually, now i do recall the last time i went to the village i got ID'd, and i'd say i've been ID'd twice in the last 18 months, so i wouldn't rick it if its going to cost you money.

Wow the reason I said about Whelan's was because in all the gigs I've never seen anyone being asked for ID.
    my brother was refused this time last year, two weeks before his 18th birthday so I wouldnt bet on getting in

Well he was still underage. What I meant about it not worrying me is that even if it's over 21's, I'm still old enough ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

i've been going to the village to gigs for the last 4 years or so and they've always been pretty strict with id at the door, i think whelans have mellowed a little bit or had i haven't been there in about 6 months mind... must do something about that soon

Advertisement