Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get air on a mini half pipe?

Options
  • 04-05-2005 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

How do you get air on a mini half pipe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

practice makes perfect...in other words havn got a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

just as u get 2 the top pop an ollie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 themadman88m

on a bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

yeah i tot ya ment skateboarding too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

what flat land tricks can you do ? cause there all inter relaeted to the half pipe ....or mini

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

practice, nothing more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Decide which way you want to carve left to right or right to left, it's usually easier to learn on a wider mini where you can carve a bit more rather than having to go straight up and down. Pull hard on the bars as you come out and then tuck to suck the back wheel in to clear the coping as you come back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

If you have a dvd or video have a look at some one riding a half pipe or mini ramp in slo mo. Notice how the rider "pumps" to keep his speed up with out peddeling at all or very little.
    :rolleyes: I only just learnt how to pump a few momths ago me self and now the mini is a quater I cant practice any more...good luck. :cool:

thanks, ill try both your methods. jeers, (i'll just pray i dont break a leg r sumthin,lol)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I snapped my right ankle doing a frontside air out of a quarter pipe 9yrs back in Northampton :(

thats what I dont want to hear to get me motivated to do this, lol :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I usually hold the jump button until I'm just about to leave the ramp... time it right and you should get some good air.

Meanwhile in the real world....

Advertisement