Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free texts from O2

• 04-05-2005 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Anyone else get a text message saying reply to this number with GIFT and get 100 free texts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Unless you are sure it came from O2 and not a 3rd party then I would advise no, and even if it is from O2 it still sounds suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

100 sounds a bit much - ring o2 and ask
    (unless it's 10 a month for 10 months)

I got 80 (20x4mnths) free txt's for saying "thanks" in a text

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Got the same this morning. This was about earlier in the year methinks. I didnt receive the text but was on AH and someone put the number up and what to reply with. Got so many texts a month. So that worked. Whos going to be the guinea pig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

did,got 25 txts a month for 4 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

They sent me that message this morning too despite the fact that I switched to Meteor a few weeks ago. *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

i never got one of them, could you put up the number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

just verifying that this is true, recieved said message, Gift to 0863832032, and have recieved 25 free texts for the next 4 months, which brings my total to 45 free texts a month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

just verifying that this is true, recieved said message, Gift to 0863832032, and have recieved 25 free texts for the next 4 months, which brings my total to 45 free texts a month!
    ditto... although sometimes send twice that in a day, i should really stop spam txting people

• Advertisement

yeah i'm quite a heavy texter too, but 45 free texts a month is better than a kick up the arse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

i tried this but it said im not eligible!

o2 customers only. If i remember corrrectly they had a problem with the last offer as so many people replied, so maybe this is a bit stingier, only those who get the message get the texts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

just sent a text message to that number and got a message back. I'm not eligible to avail of this offer :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Waltons wrote:
    They sent me that message this morning too despite the fact that I switched to Meteor a few weeks ago. *sigh*
    o2 send me alerts i signed up for months after i had changed to meteor! free as well. they are a tad slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Damn! I must ring them, I never got this offer :(:(

Bastads!

EDIT: I rang, apparantly this offer was also out in April! She hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

I texted the number and it said you are not eligible for this offer, oh the rejection!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

They obviously send it to regular texters like azezil as a reward... ie you spend lots with them, you get a little back. Keeps the customers sweet.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Lump wrote:
    They obviously send it to regular texters like azezil as a reward... ie you spend lots with them, you get a little back. Keeps the customers sweet.

John
    So over 600 texts a month isn't enough?

I didnt get this offer either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Obviously not if some people are sending 50 a month.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

in this world, pre judging people is a common pratice, i tend to do it with peoples mobile networks, attaching different characteristics to people on differnt networks.

eg:

Vodafone customers - fairly boring run of the mill person, not too much imaginataion, probable man utd supporter, likes the safety of a crowd

o2 customers - either a girl, an effeminate man or a rich person. probably enjoys watching rugby

meteor customer - possibly either a skanger, a pinch penny or a foreign immagrent, either way its someone with a low disposable income probably living in dublin.

guess which i am ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

ferdi wrote:
    in this world, pre judging people is a common pratice, i tend to do it with peoples mobile networks, attaching different characteristics to people on differnt networks.

eg:

Vodafone customers - fairly boring run of the mill person, not too much imaginataion, probable man utd supporter, likes the safety of a crowd

o2 customers - either a girl, an effeminate man or a rich person. probably enjoys watching rugby

meteor customer - possibly either a skanger, a pinch penny or a foreign immagrent, either way its someone with a low disposable income probably living in dublin.

guess which i am ;)
    Just by glancing through my phone book ferdi, it appears that none of your prejudices hold true.

Anyways, I don't think you can possibly read too deep into what network someone is on.

ferdi wrote:

eg:

guess which i am ;)

What about the rest of the country? You've named about 50% of people in about 6 short sentences (depressing actually!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Never seen a skanger using meteor, they mostly use vodafone down in my neck of teh woods

that's cause you're neck of the woods has about 3 scangers! And don't say otherwise, i know New Ross well! also, Meteor isn't very popular outside of Dublin.

Advertisement