Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azureus problem following updates...

Options
  • 03-05-2005 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

Azureus updated itself tonight when I started it and has subsequently rendered itself useless. Anyone else got this problem?
    I can't connect to anything...

Message when I try test port -

Testing port 6881 ... Unable to test

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Have you upgraded to Java 1.5?
    2.1 Java 5.0
    Azureus is written in Java and requires the Java runtime. We recommend Java 5.0 (also known as 1.5) as it has better performance and reliability - please upgrade if necessary.
    You'll find torrents to update Java here : http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php
    Download the one for your system, close Azureus, execute the downloaded file, then restart Azureus.
    WinXP users will have to go to Tools > Config > Interface > Display, and re-check the "Enable XP Style" option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

It did the same for me. Lost all my in progress torrent etc! :(
    And my Java is updated to 1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Same with me. Very annoying. I think its this new distributed Torrent technology thats built in. Didnt have a chance to mess with it really but it screwed up my downloading and seeding torrents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Bah humbug.... still not working.... I'm very annoyed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

Been working fine for me since it updated, no problems at all. Mind you I don't use port 6881, shouldn't make any diff though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

This is why I won't be going near it till they sort out the bugs, same goes for any Service Packs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Az plugin Jar and need to update Java fixed it for me.

back to 220KB downloads after nowt moving for 3 days.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

Yeah I've got the jar plugin, try sticking that in see if it makes a diff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

All you have to do is update to Java 1.5. Azureus has conflict in previous versions that are solved by updating to 1.5. Tested it and it worked for me.
    Also if your still having trouble try downloading the Azureus installer client and see if that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I've the same problem but it tests 6881 ok!

I've no problem upgrading Java but it mentions that you must remove all previous versions of Java before installing. Testing it now - I'll post if it fixes it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Still working fine for me both before and after the upgrade. Try removing the Azureus folder and java, and doing a clean install of Azureus. Running the azureus installer will automatically download Java for you if it isn't detected, so that'd be the best way of getting the right version of java.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i had to uninstall azureus download new java and then install java then install azureus and it seems to be back to it's healthy self again.

they shouldn't give me frights like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Just dloaded the JRE Update 5.0 from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp and installed it - Azureus working fine again. Didn't have to uninstall the previous versions or reinstall Azureus. Thank god for that - now I can the get 'linux distro' that I needed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh i was thinking i wasn't going to get my linux distro it only had five more megs left :)

Advertisement