Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I Backup all data in 'Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-1 Corporate or Workgroup'?

Options
  • 03-05-2005 11:03pm

I am formatting my HD and need to backup all data. I think it is as simple as exporting all folders as a Personal Folder File (.pst). The information, especially contacts, is very important to me though.

Can I then import the Personal Folder File to Outlook in Office 2003?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

I backup all my emails, contacts etc...basically everything contained in your personal folder to a .pst file.

This can then be imported back in to outlook. dont know if it will work with outlook 2003, but it should. a pst file, is a pst file afterall.

Dara.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

it'll will work with 2003! just make sure everything you want is in the pst before you format - if you just have the 1 pst it'll be [mailbox-<username>] on top which sould be empty and [outlook today-personal folders] which should have all your stuff in it.. ;)

Advertisement