Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

robust laptop

• 03-05-2005 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Anyone rate a laptop for "dropability?"!!

I'm looking for a laptop for use in a garage.

Toshiba any good? Dell seem a bit ... flimsy?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

As said in the forum already the Toughbook is the way to go. Bit on the ugly side but it looks like a future thingy. Attached a pics of the PII version a buddy of mine has. He works for a fire protection crowd and he's broken a few lappies so they gave him this,its smash proof and all that.Brings a whole new meaning to brick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Nukem wrote:
    As said in the forum already the Toughbook is the way to go. Bit on the ugly side but it looks like a future thingy. Attached a pics of the PII version a buddy of mine has. He works for a fire protection crowd and he's broken a few lappies so they gave him this,its smash proof and all that.Brings a whole new meaning to brick

it looks to be a right lump of a thing, will it really survive a fall?
    How is the hard-drive secured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

kinkstr wrote:

the new ones are alot lot smaller and neater and are rated to survive a 20ft fall

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

kinkstr wrote:

http://www.antares.com.au/design_features.html interesting read.

Nukem

EDIT: link for the HDD's used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

That was an interesting read, i had no idea there was a such a thing as a "shock-resistant" laptop up until yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Paddyo

Hi

Here is a link from the Toshiba website about a new 'Shock Protection System'

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/news_article.jsp?service=UK&ID=000000581c

Good luck
    Paddyo

Advertisement