Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get anti-slip mats?

Options
  • 03-05-2005 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a particular type of anti-slip rubber. It looks like this:

1, 2

It is a very soft rubber which can can be cut into any shape fairly easily. I'm sure you know what I am talking about. Anyone know of anywhere I can get this? Would Woodies/ Atlantic/ B&Q stock it, or will I have to look somewhere else for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

they sell them in Woodies - they have a cardboard display box and the mats are rolled up... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Perfect - that's what I was hoping. Thanks!

Ok, I tried a Woodies and a carpet shop, and the carpet shop had it, but in white. Does anyone know if they make this stuff in black?
    It's what you put underneath a rug when you have it on a wooden floor to stop it slipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

most hardware shops have the rubber discs that you stick on the corners to stop the mat slipping, never seen te stuff you are talking about though...

Actually, I was looking for it for a different purpose. I want to put it in the dash of my car to stop my CD player slipping around. I was in a car that had it and it did the job pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

fjon wrote:
    Actually, I was looking for it for a different purpose. I want to put it in the dash of my car to stop my CD player slipping around. I was in a car that had it and it did the job pretty well.
    I've one of them - think it came from a pound shop... Did work, before it was buried under empty smoke packets... :D

Advertisement