Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azureus opening port 6881 (Sygate firewall)

Options
  • 03-05-2005 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi can anyone please tell me how to open port 6881 for Azureus. I am using Sygate as my firewall.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What broadband package are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,934 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ixoy was on about a problem he was having with that port as well today,he's with Netsource. Seemed to have happened since upgrading to the latest Azureus. I'm with UTV and haven't had any problems. (Hooray, UTV get something right for a change).

Edit: I think upgrading to Java 1.5 solved the problem. I was using Java 1.5 all along.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

I am with UTV and I have java 1.5. but I know that port 6881 should be open and when I do the test in azureus tools - nat/firewall test it says "unable to test" Azureus is downloading but very very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

The default ports for bittorrent are 6881 - 6999 . This is the range that is required on the default settings. It is possible to lower the amount of ports an individual session of bittorent can access, but theres no need in a single pc environment.

99% of bittorrent problems are NAT related.

A little more info would be helpful......

Are you running a hardware fire wall on your router?

Try disable your sygate fire wall and eliminate that possible problem to startwith.

Advertisement