Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90's

Options
  • 03-05-2005 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

It's terrible when you realise you're growing up. Instead of it being retro 80's soon it will be retro 90's, with 90's nights in bars and clubs. They alright have 90's hits on Today Fm. I feel so old and I'm only 22! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I hear ya! I've really started noticing it in the last year. Doesn't help that I'm in first year of college and 23. I mention right good bands or tv programs from the 90's and am usually met with blank faces.
    At least I haven't any grey hair yet (touch wood)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yes, i seem to say Do you remember...? a lot. I don't like it. Or giving out about yong ones. Didn't think i'd be doing that till i was at least 35! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

there is a 90's night in kennedys on westland row on a friday... it is great
    80's on a saturday

i am 24 in second year elling people about stuff they never heard of is not funny

ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭eddiehitler

eljono wrote:
    I hear ya! I've really started noticing it in the last year. Doesn't help that I'm in first year of college and 23. I mention right good bands or tv programs from the 90's and am usually met with blank faces.
    At least I haven't any grey hair yet (touch wood)
    i know that feeling dude. im only in first year too and im 22. some of my class mates were talking about bands the other day, i used to like Presidents of the USA, Bush,stone temple pilots and pearl jam (Still do) but and i got these 18 year olds looking at me as if i had ten heads! i just dont get bands like slipknot or good charolette. as for tv shows, nobody in my class remembers programs like my so called life or eerie indiana. im only 22 and i feel so old!!! or maybe im just too nostalgic and old fashioned...

I soo Fancied the dude outta Eerie Indiana. OooOh.. only reason I watch 'Hocus Pocus'. Where did he go?? Just looking at your Avatar, I'm sure there's people out there that don't know about Beavis and Butthead!! :eek: Been replaced by South Park, Family Guy and the like.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

22? Pah.. try being 28.. The fast-track to 30. It's a scary prospect.

Having said that though, I've had more fun in my late 20's than at any other time of my life. Someone I know said that turning 30 was like turning 18 again except ten times better. I'd be inclined to agree.. but I'm straying off topic..

Yes it is a very wierd feeling when you realise you're not the 'new generation' anymore. Soon you'll start hating most of the music you hear on the radio (if not already)!!

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Having done the 90s the first time around - I can confirm that yes - the 90s was great fun indeedie.

On a more serious note, since I see a few 22s in the thread, I was 22 in 1993 - so don't be feeling old ffs because someone has a retro 90s night - its my job to be nostalgic - you guys just get out there and have fun and make your own nostalgia for the future :D

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

when val joyce starts playing songs you recognize, then you know you are old.

when val joyce starts playing songs you recognize, then you know you are old.

Who he/she?? Dude from Limerick??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Larianne wrote:
    Who he/she?? Dude from Limerick??? :rolleyes:
    See, now we all know you're only a young one. Val Joyce used to present Airs And Races on radio one on Saturdays. Songs and horse racing y'see. I believe he's currently in Maxi's old slot on radio one at nights now. And the squid is right, though I'd change "songs you recognize" to "stuff that was current when you were out bobbing or going to the roller disco" or whatever you sub-30s (it's been a few months since I was in that group) are into these days. Pass me my zimmer frame there please.

• Advertisement

Radio One?? Yeah I will be getting really worried when I start tuning into that radio station!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

90s Music sucked, but 90s TV was great. So many good shows, the Simpsons (When it was good), Seinfeld, Frasier..the list goes on.
    1997 was officially the worst year for music ever
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_in_music

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Larianne wrote:
    I'm sure there's people out there that don't know about Beavis and Butthead!! :eek: Been replaced by South Park, Family Guy and the like.. :(
    Thank God for that because B&B were simply NOT funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

sceptre wrote:
    See, now we all know you're only a young one. Val Joyce used to present Airs And Races on radio one on Saturdays. Songs and horse racing y'see. I believe he's currently in Maxi's old slot on radio one at nights now. And the squid is right, though I'd change "songs you recognize" to "stuff that was current when you were out bobbing or going to the roller disco" or whatever you sub-30s (it's been a few months since I was in that group) are into these days. Pass me my zimmer frame there please.

I dont think there were many roller discos in the 1990s.

Thank God for that because B&B were simply NOT funny.

The great cornholio "I need Tp for for bum hole, BUUMMM Hole""
    C'mon it was funny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Yeah, B&B were cool. I laughed when they "Saw the top o the mountain".. And the one when they kidnapped Stuart and "Customers Suck"...

90s, bad era for music..2000s worse too showing my age..

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

The 90s was a great decade for music Smashing Pumpkins,stone Temple Pilots,The Prodigy when they were still good.Music now is just Godawful horse****e too much pop punk and RnB.

Advertisement