Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know german

Options
  • 03-05-2005 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

could somebody please translate this to english please the link is here
    thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

could somebody please translate this to english please the link is here
    thanks a million.

this might help

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'll try but I've never done german before. My nerd is pretty good though :D

...neuestem AMD Athlon 64 3700+ CPU mit "San Diego" Core. Das heisst, diese CPU verfügt nun
    auch über die Intel Pentium 4 SSE3 Erweiterungen und verarbeitet damit auch die Intel Pentium 4
    optimierte Software deutlich schneller. Weiterhin konnte durch den Einsatz von "Strained Silicon" die Leistungsaufnahme und Wärmeabgabe weiter gesenkt werden.

Its a Athlon64, San Diego core with SSE3 . Which gives it multimedia speeds like the P4?

• ...neuestem Asus A8N-SLI Mainboard mit nForce 4 (verfügt über eingebaute Hardware Firewall, S-ATA Raid 0,1, 0+1, sowie die Möglichkeit durch SLI Technologie die Grafikperformance mit einer zweiten identischen (optionalen) Grafikkarte bis zu 90-95 % zu steigern)

That motherboard has a firewall built in. Can do SLI (two graphics card linked toghter) and you can set up a Raid array in those configs (google for more info). I guess its saying two identical GFX cards will give a 90-95% speed increase.

• ...Multi DVD-Brenner mit Dual Layer Technologie
    Dual Layer DVD burner

• ...Gigabit LAN
    Built in LAN card

• ...1024 MB RAM, Dual Channel

• ...neuester PCI-Express Grafikkarte mit High-End Grafikchip 6800 GT und satten 256 MB GDDR 3 RAM
    Has a 256mb 6800GT

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Its pretty basic knowledge. If you know your computer terms you should understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

would the os be in german or could you change it to english and are the part in this pc good and do siemens build pcs well.were did you get that translated pice from jes.

The os and keyboard would be german. To change the OS you can just get a lend of an english version and use the German serial when installing. IIRC the german keyboard has two letters switched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭beaker

In order to change the OS to English, would a Dell XP CD do the trick or would it have to be a retail version of XP?

I was looking at that machine myself. I really want to build a rig myself (first time) but the Machine From Hell looks like good value. Any views on whether it is?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Generally Dells XP Cds are restricted to installing on Dell PCs only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

stevenmu wrote:
    Generally Dells XP Cds are restricted to installing on Dell PCs only.

I had an old pc that my parents used, they some how managed to delete a file that windows needed to boot, i tried to fix it as i couldnt find the orginal install discs. My girlfriend suggested using the disc from dell pc, but i said nope wont work, dell discs only work on dell machines, so four weeks later out of sheer frustration of trying to fix the machine, i threw in the dell disc and everything worked first time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ciaran500 wrote:
    The os and keyboard would be german. To change the OS you can just get a lend of an english version and use the German serial when installing. IIRC the german keyboard has two letters switched.
    Strictly speaking that's a violation of the EULA - microsoft would want more $'s

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Yeah what are peoples opinions on that Machine From Hell? Im interested myself. Any idea how much delivery to Ireland would be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

i used a dell os disc the other day and it worked..(non dell machine)

thtas a good price btw

The Machine from Hell looks like great value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Atlas_IRL wrote:
    i used a dell os disc the other day and it worked..(non dell machine)

thtas a good price btw

yeah but you wont be able to register it , surely?
    It'll lock up after 30 days or summat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Dundhoone wrote:
    yeah but you wont be able to register it , surely?
    It'll lock up after 30 days or summat?

You don't have to register it and it wont lock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The mega Gaming Package at the killer price

The new Machine from brightly! In the comparison to the predecessor now with...

•... newest AMD Athlon 64 3700+ CCU with "San Diego" core. That is, this CCU orders now
    also over the Intel Pentium 4 SSE3 extensions and processes thereby also the Intel Pentium 4
    optimized software clearly faster. Further silicone "the capacity and heat emission could be further lowered by the employment by" Strained.
    •... newest Asus A8n-sli Main board with nForce 4 (has Raid 0.1, 0+1 inserted hardware Firewall, s-ata, to increase as well as the possibility by SLI technology the diagram performance with a second identical (optional) diagram map up to 90-95 %)
    •... multi DVD burner with dual Layer technology
    •... Gigabit LAN
    •... 1024 MT RAM, dual Channel
    •... newest PCI express diagram map with High ending diagram chip 6800 GT and full 256 MT GDDR 3 RAM

As always applies: the PCS are again strictly limited!

More information? Visit http://www.machine from hell.com

• processor: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (Socket 939, "San Diego", SSE3, Strained silicone)
    • memory: 1GB (2x 512 MT) GDR 400 dual Channel A-mark
    • diagram map: Leadtek WinFast A400 GeForce 6800 GT with 256 MT GDDR3 PCI express map (with TV Out and DVI Out)
    • Main board: ASUS A8N SLI with NFORCE 4 chip set (card locations 3x PCIe. 2x PCIe x1, 1x PCIe x16)
    • interfaces: 6x USB 2,0, 1x Gigabit lan RJ 45, 2x IEEE1394 Firewire
    • non removable disk: 250 GB s-ata with 7.200 and/min.
    • drive assembly: Multi DVD + - R/RW Brenner(16x) with double Layer technology of NEC
    • Cardreader: 8 in1 Flashkarten adapter
    • sound: AC97 6 channel 7,1 on board
    • housings: Scaleo T with high performance 400 W power pack
    • other: Keyboard and mouse
    • software: Ms Windows XP Home edition SP2, ms Works 8,0, PowerDVD, Nero6.x, Recovery CD
    • inclusive the Action Kracher "Brothers in arm: road tons hill 30"
    • warranty: 24 months warranty inclusive. Suburb service by the manufacturer

That Google translation & Ciaran500's were pretty accurate, except for:
    • ...neuestem AMD Athlon 64 3700+ CPU mit "San Diego" Core. Das heisst, diese CPU verfügt nun
    auch über die Intel Pentium 4 SSE3 Erweiterungen und verarbeitet damit auch die Intel Pentium 4
    optimierte Software deutlich schneller. Weiterhin konnte durch den Einsatz von "Strained Silicon" die Leistungsaufnahme und Wärmeabgabe weiter gesenkt werden.
    • ...newest AMD Athlon 64 3700+ CPU with "San Diego" core. This means that this CPU also can utilise the Intel Pentium 4 SSE3 extensions and also processes the Intel Pentium 4 optimized software markedly faster. Furthermore, through the use of "Strained Silicon" the capacity(?) and heat emissions can be further lowered.
    • Cardreader: 8 in1 Flashkarten adapter
    • Cardreader: 8-in-1 Flashcard adaptor (I'm guessing it'll handle Sony MemoryStik too)
    • inclusive the Action Kracher "Brothers in arm: road tons hill 30"
    • includes the action hit "Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30"

Advertisement