Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2000 and Hyperthreading

Options
  • 03-05-2005 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

am going to be reinstalling my PC today and was wondering if someone could tell me if Win2k Pro supports HT?
    if not, then I will install XP again

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,934 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yes it will support hyperthreading.

It'll see a hyperthreaded processor as 2 processors.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

cool stuff, thanks Stark for the quick response,
    haven't had Win2k running for some time now.
    My Windows XP held out 1 and a half years without reinstall, think it's my peronal record but wanted to go back to 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

It will see 2 processors but from what I've read it is not capable of distributing the workload correctly between them. It doesn't see them as physical/logical but instead physical/physical meaning it might sometimes take longer to complete cretin tasks...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

XP is much better than 2000 anyway imo. Stick with that tbh.

BloodBath

Advertisement