Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC-slane???????

Options
  • 03-05-2005 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

i heard that ian dempsey said he had a reliable source that AC/DC are playing slane this year??? anyone hear this???

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

no i heard it was going to be a scobe-fest as Eminem was rumoured to play... the DC would be amazing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

apparently demo said it on today fm this morning,
    sick joke if thats what it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

You'd have more chance of me going if that was the case. Sure wasnt AC/DC rumoured to be playing Lansdowne before the Pixies were confirmed? Either them or a few others - Aerosmith, Pearl Jam etc. It was on another post there a few weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

90% chance that eminem and crew are playing sláne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

The Meath Chronicle and HotPress have both reported in the past three weeks that Eminem and 50 Cent (or possibly all of G-G-G-Unit!!!!) were to play. I've also heard that from people who work at the gig in health and safety and people I know who are in direct contact with MCD on a daily basis.
    It has, however, been strongly rumoured around this time of year for no fewer than three years running that either AC/DC or The Rolling Stones are to play. April/May 03, 04 and 05 have all seen these two bands bandied about as likely headliners.
    Ian Dempsey said this morning that Peter Gabriel would play with AC/DC as support. AC/DC are embarking on a mammoth world tour so it wouldn't surprise me if they made a stop-off at Slane, but this is the first I've heard of anything to do with AC/DC or Peter Gabriel, while I've been hearing rumours of Eminem & 50 Cent from four very reliable sources for 5 months now.

Who knows?...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

AC/DC supporting Peter Gabriel? Not very liekly considering the only other band they agreed to support in the last 20 years was the Rolling Stones. If AC/DC play it, I can't see them playing second fiddle to anyone, especially Peter feckin Gabriel.

I fear a scobe-fest is on this year, all tracksuits and baseball caps and Micras with giant wings on them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Today FM had a petition on the web site for ACDC to play Slane. I got an e-mail there a few weeks back from Today FM saying that ACDC ARE NOT PLAYING SLANE. Thought this was old news by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

never underestimate the power of ian dempsey folks. rte are on their knees for the last five years trying to get him back, if they're looking for him, mcd are sure to take what he has to say into consideration. i see where you're coming from with the acdc supporting argument, but they're the very words ian dempsey uttered!

Advertisement