Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video player that buffers

Options
  • 03-05-2005 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a video player that buffers when i play videos via a lan connection. I'm getting annoyed by split second pauses when streaming stuff. A 1 meg buffer would be more than enough to stop this, as its happens rarely enough. When it does happen its usually because theres a sudden spike in bitrate.

Anyone have suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I think there's an option in Winamp to do this. Make sure you get the version that supports video playback as I don't think the lite version can play video...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Pretty sure quicktime does this. There's a setting for how much buffer time you're willing to accept.

Still lovin' that sig. Just class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

This one's free, I've only heard of other people using it though but it is designed for streaming over a LAN:
    http://www.videolan.org

I dont know if it will stream video that isnt being shared out by the videolan server though so it might not do the trick

Advertisement