Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall Bracket for Aldi 27" LCD TV

Options
  • 02-05-2005 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I would get a wall bracket for the 27" LCD TV that were in Aldi a few months back?

It isn't a square 100mm bracket. It is 100mm at the top and 135mm at the bottom. Went to a electrical store yesterday and a universal bracket cost 129 euro which is a wee bit over the top for me.

Any ideas or is this tv doomed to reside on the table for the rest of my life?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

There is a HUGE thread on this TV over at avforums (http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173050&highlight=tevion). The wall mounting bracket seems to have been a real headache, as the mounting holes are not in the universal standard positions.

There is a company in the UK called Goodies which are the support contact people for UK and Ireland. There should have been contact information for them in your packaging. They supply the wall mounting bracket.

The fun part though is that Aldi didn't give them advance notice that the TV was going on sale, so over christmas they got deluged with requests for wall mounting brackets. It took them ages to get it together, but eventually shipped the brackets.

Trawl through the avforums thread and you will see the problems people encountered, there is also a photo or two of the brackets that were actually shipped to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Dancin - Thank you very much for that. I was going to get a bracket specially made for this which would have cost around 30 to 40 euro but would have to wait a lot longer to get it.

Much appreciated Dancin. Take care.

Advertisement