Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ie domain names?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

you dont HAVE to register a business to get it, but its the handiest way.

get the form from CRO.ie, pay 30 euro and then you can get your .ie

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

no you dont need to be a company.

A group/organisation.. whatever can get one once you have a letterhead of some kind for that group/org, you dont have to be registered.

check out http://www.register365.ie I found there sales guys very helpfull on informing me on the path to buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭cormie

We're with novara.ie, it's €108 per year including 21% VAT. It works out at about €84 ex VAT. Would it be worth changing to Host365 who say if you transfer you get hosted for €59 per year? We just renewed our domain today for a year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

well if u want to save 25 euro, then yeh

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Obscure

zekiel wrote:
    no you dont need to be a company.

A group/organisation.. whatever can get one once you have a letterhead of some kind for that group/org, you dont have to be registered.

check out http://www.register365.ie I found there sales guys very helpfull on informing me on the path to buying one.

I'm not sure i would qualify as a group/organisation. I was thinking of the site more in terms of a business (but would prefer not the hasstle and cost of having to do that).

Lets say my site would be called something like www.motorparts.ie, which is similiar in structure to what i am thinking of registering. The name is kinda generic and obviously not part of a group/organisation. Would i have to go down the getting business registration road to get the name?

Cormie: how did u get the poker.ie site? Did u register a business or did u register it as individual etc?

Tks

• Advertisement
Advertisement