Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a LCD Monitor

Options
  • 02-05-2005 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I want to buy a 17" LCD monitor. After an unsuccessful purchase (and subsequent return) of a DELL one, I thought I'd get some advice from boards readers.

Basically I'm finding it hard to track down a decent one. Colour reproduction is very important to me. I'd like a monitor that has VGA & DVI input. If it has USB hub, that'd be nifty, but non-essential.

Is there anywhere in Dublin that's good for checking out monitors that isn't a ripoff. I'm beginning to think I need to actually see any monitor in the flesh to get something I'm happy with.

Anyone got any advice or suggestions where I could go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

19 inch is better than 17, I just ordered one of these: http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/90509/art/hyundai/19-imagequest-l90d-8-ms-t.html

it got all good reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

i am thinking of geting one to but is there any good 17 or 19 for about 250 to 300 ex vat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Samsung are supposed to make some of the finest monitors.
    I'm running a 172x and i like it a lot, but that's about 9 months since i got it. Probably a lot more out there now. It'#s all down to 8ms and so on. Personally i think 16 ms is enough (mines 12), but obviously lower is better, but your more interested in colour reproduction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

I did a fair bit of comparing monitors lately,
    I was going to buy this:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=301399&cks=PRL

It got good reviews and seems to be a good gaming monitor with decent colour.

But I ended up spending the extra ton to get this:

http://www.sony.ie/ShowProduct.do?site=odw_en_IE&category=Flatpanel+LCD&product=SDM-HS75P

by all the press i've read its supposed to be real nice.

Its very hard to find someplace to see monitors in the flesh, Pc world have some samsungs on display, but very over priced compared with komplett.

Should be getting the sony this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

i got my HYUNDAI 19" L90D+ (8ms) today, and its brilliant, only €427 too

did you really pay €448 for that sony 17 inch? that new X-Black stuff isnt anything amazing, i saw a few laptops with it in dixons the jervis center

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

No as it happens, I didnt pay 448! I got as they say, a bit of a dael.

Its a bit pricey at that but supposed to have amazing image quality.

your screen looks the business, hope I like mine as much!

Advertisement