Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCE 2005 Activation on different PC

Options
  • 02-05-2005 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi

I purchased an OEM version of MCE 2005 and have been using it quite happily on my Advent PC (drive is now formatted with no OS on it). I am in the process of buying a second user pc without any type of licence. How do I reactivate the OS on the new PC? I have removed the software from my the Advent PC so there will only be one copy in use. Will I need to phone Microsoft to activate the PC. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

officially, oem versions are tied to a machine.

I guess you could try and install on a new machine, and if it doesn't activate automatically, ring microsoft, and just say you want to activate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

activation is usually not the problem . installation is though ...most OEM versions now are bios locked to the pc there are provided with , eg Dell cd's check to see if there is a DELL motherboard in there before it installs

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭pastor

Hi and thanks for the replies.

I did not buy MCE 2005 with a PC I purchased it seperatly the hardware that I received with it was the MCE remote. It is currently not tied to any PC I just happened to have the Advent PC when I purchased it.

Will this matter?

Advertisement