Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get extremely obscure components?

Options
  • 02-05-2005 3:42pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This won't be covered by the thread above...

I'm restoring an SGI Indy, and I need two pretty obscure parts

My dad dropped the monitor, and whilst I've managed to get one that supports the required resolution/refresh rate, it has the wrong connector - so anybody know anywhere that does 13W3->VGA or 13W3->DVI convertors?

Also, the PROM is dead. I have the reprogramming data for it, but no replacement chip. Its a Dallas Semiconductor DS1386-8k-150 Watchdog Timer. (DALLAS RAMified WATCHDOG according to the top of it). Again, any idea where would have this? Maplin/Peats/Radionics don't.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Regards your PROM chip, you might try flashbios.org. I just sent off a Asus BIOS chip to have it reprogrammed but I know they also sell new chips so you could ask there

Advertisement