Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interpol album

• 02-05-2005 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of buying interpols new album whats the verdict on it, anygood?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

antics? amazing amazing amazing. although TOTBL is slightly, slightly better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

yup, fantastic.

i too prefer turn on the bright lights, but i suspect thats because i listened to it countless times before antics came out.

but my favourite interpol song by far is on antics (take you on a cruise).

in short - buy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

its great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Evil is worth the money on its own, and the rest of the album just puts it right out there... good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

It's good, but make sure you have turn off the bright lights-obstacle one is AMAZING!!!! as for their new ep...it's still growing on me... But antics is good, c'mere=great, but as i said in agreement with mentalimplosions get turn off the bright lights-or just listen to the 2 of them before you buy them in the shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

go buy it....NOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

TOTBL is a better bet, however Antics seems to have converted legions of cloth-eared DJs on to their delights. Which is a mixed blessing. You choose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I prefer Antics myself. NARC and Take You On A Cruise are fantastic, and the rest of the album is pretty close too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Urrrghhh I cant stand Interpol. I would honestly prefer to listen to paint drying than indulge in one of their albums. Ah well different strokes for different folks but surely there is at least one other person out there who has common sense to dismiss this band as pure bland??? :confused:

ah you're just not listening hard enough :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

I borrowed Antics and set it on repeat. I hardly noticed it was on for three hours. "Blandness incarnate" I said to myself, because I frequently talk to myself about new CDs. Back on topic, an hour later I was down the shops to buy my own copy. Sure, I could've spent that €20 on food, but I really, really liked it.

Back off topic. Zane, exactly what does drying paint sound like? :D

Complete tangent here, but after some research "Blandness incarnate" is in fact

Bellefire - All I Want is You

Thank you for your indulgence, buy the album if you like the singles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

what new ep??

dimerocks wrote:
    what new ep??

who mentioned an ep?
    methinks they are just talking about 'antics'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

antics is better than totbl (tla)
    track 6, not even jail (brilliant) i saw them in barcelona recently, my second time seeing them, saw them in the village last year...
    steven, what were u doing for three hours that occupied your mind so much (latest issue of stuff, or arena perhaps??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

No there is a new ep

Its called the black ep me thinks, listened to it in work once or twice, nothing fancy though.

Go to your record store and bug them....actually don't cos you'll most likely end up bugging me!eep!

Interpol ep thingy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

The Black E.P. was released in 2003... its not new.

Still, antics is quite good, damn good you could say.

damn tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

thanks for the help on that better buy both albums so

adonis wrote:
    steven, what were u doing for three hours that occupied your mind so much (latest issue of stuff, or arena perhaps??)

Mortgage training actually.

Whoops, there goes what remains of my indie cred ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement