Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear problem

Options
  • 02-05-2005 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I have a Netgear DG834G wireless router, and I seem to be unable to send packets between machines on the LAN. I am trying to set up one of my old machines as a fileserver running Fedora Core 2 to sit between my laptop and desktop. The router can see the three machines (1 FC3, 2 WinXP), but I cannot make a direct connection from one to another, even pinging fails.

I have tried every combination of firewall and service options that I can think of. I've even opened the router to all traffic types, in all directions and that didn't work. All internet connections work fine on the three computers, so I think its just something small that I have missed. Anyone have any tips?

Advertisement