Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VC/PPP action points

Options
  • 02-05-2005 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have figures for what an action point is worth to either of these sites in rake? Neither site has much information about action points beyond telling you how great they are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I was thinking about this at the weekend too. They are cleaning up. A 20-30$ book costs minimum 50k (I think it's more though) AP's.

I got a book from UB from about 3 weeks of reasonable play. 50k AP takes a lot longer than that. Also the AP freeroll tourneys are great for them. They are capped and you can be sure it's to their advantage.

What's their maximum rake on a hand? The max points wou can get is 300 on a hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

It roughly works out at 100 Points per $1 in rake, that would apply to tourney fees.

In cash games however you can earn more points by staying in the pot longer and betting more etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

henbane wrote:
    Does anyone have figures for what an action point is worth to either of these sites in rake? Neither site has much information about action points beyond telling you how great they are.
    Basically it is 1c = 1ap either of rake in cash games or fee in tourneys. therefore on (for instance) a MONDAY night on PADDY POWER POKER (he he he) for 3$ worth of paddy points (300) the prize pool is GTD $200. Now thats not three bad is it?
    However the normal buy in for this prize pool would be 800 points so this is a bit of an example to lead you astray.. no I jest really 1c per 1 ap is your answer. As yet we do not have a points win prizes section but the remark on the cost of the book is well taken. I believe they should reflect what they are.. ie the value of the points reflect the value of the prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Is there any plans to expand the use of action points on PPP/Tribeca? Single table tournaments or satellites?

I like the 5k freeroll that comes around quite infrequently and usually save my points up for that. I think it's 25,000 (or $250 rake paid :eek: ) to enter. It's quite annoying though that the blinds are still 8 minutes given the large prize on offer and the fact that it would be mostly heavy users playing in it.

I've never got anywhere in it but it's nice to see a freeroll worth saving up for and one that would give you a decent $/hr.

It'd be nice to try to satellite into larger buyin tournaments using my action points though.

offtopic: It would be nice if Tribeca had a large buy in freezeout somewhere on a regular basis. I think it's a huge gap in the tournaments provided. I love the rebuys and enjoy the 5k and 7.5k events but I'd really like to see a $200 freezeout once a week or something. I'd buy in fairly irregularily but I'd try to satellite to it all the time.

Think of the rake!!!

Getting people to pay a vig twice is good I hear. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

PPP have a reduced 300 point freeroll but it is ruined by having a 3 minute clock, any chance of getting that upped to 8 mins???

• Advertisement

DapperGent wrote:
    Is there any plans to expand the use of action points on PPP/Tribeca? Single table tournaments or satellites?

I like the 5k freeroll that comes around quite infrequently and usually save my points up for that. I think it's 25,000 (or $250 rake paid :eek: ) to enter. It's quite annoying though that the blinds are still 8 minutes given the large prize on offer and the fact that it would be mostly heavy users playing in it.

I've never got anywhere in it but it's nice to see a freeroll worth saving up for and one that would give you a decent $/hr.

It'd be nice to try to satellite into larger buyin tournaments using my action points though.

offtopic: It would be nice if Tribeca had a large buy in freezeout somewhere on a regular basis. I think it's a huge gap in the tournaments provided. I love the rebuys and enjoy the 5k and 7.5k events but I'd really like to see a $200 freezeout once a week or something. I'd buy in fairly irregularily but I'd try to satellite to it all the time.

Think of the rake!!!

Getting people to pay a vig twice is good I hear. :)
    Do you really think a $200 Freezeout would work? The worry is of course that we would have insufficient subscriptions to it.. we have learned this to our detriment in the past.. This is always the danger you see that kind of price range is simply too much for most people.. as a result we do not fill it. Lets take a vote I would be very willing to post a $100 or $200 Freezout on PPP.. All in favour say "allin"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I would play a tournie like this, but only occasionally. I would not play it weekly but perhaps monthly or bi-monthly.

PPP have a reduced 300 point freeroll but it is ruined by having a 3 minute clock, any chance of getting that upped to 8 mins???
    Oh ye GODS! ;0) We have two things goin on with the giveaways and the Monday Freeroll.. A: for the duration of the tournament we do not make any money, (yes I know hence the subtle title "giveaway" etc) B: despite that it helps us to gain customer loyalty by giving something back to the customer. It is the happy medium between the two that we try to maintain. Hence the speedier level ups. However the word "ruined" is bouncing around my head and giving me ire.. so I will see what I can do!

Raised to five minutes from next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

maybe a $50 freezeout? $200 is a bit rich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Raised to five minutes from next Monday.

Cheers, makes it a little better.

Advertisement