Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promising news for 'Arrested Development' fans!!

Options
  • 02-05-2005 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭

To no one’s surprise, Fox’s “Arrested Development” won USA Today’s “Save Our Show” poll dealing with shows still in danger of cancellation. 66 percent of respondents voted to save it.

Runners up were CBS’ “Joan of Arcadia” (40 percent), NBC’s “The Office” (37 percent), NBC’s now-renewed “Will & Grace” (35 percent), Fox’s “Bernie Mac” (34 percent), CBS’ “Judging Amy” (28 percent) and ABC’s “Eyes” (27 percent).

Previous winners of the poll - notably “Star Trek: Enterprise” and “Angel” – received new-season orders after winning this poll.

Read all of USA Today’s results here .

Fox will announce whether it will keep or drop “Arrested” on May 19.

Also worth mentioning Veronica Mars was in danger of cancellation, but after winning E Online's 'Save Our Show', it was renewed for a second season.

Roll on May 19th... i can't wait any longer for a decision!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent news! Can they really cancel it now? I mean [GobVoice]come on![/GobVoice]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Good stuff! I'm currently working through the second series... Great stuff this series is too... would be crap to see it cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah... am i alone in actually enjoying the 2nd series more than the 1st?

Generally, on the Official AD Message Board.. a good portion of them seem to really hate the 2nd series compared to the 1st.

The 2nd series had way more running jokes (e.g Buster's hand, Franklin, Tobias's various guises from Blue Man to Mrs Featherbottom) and the second half of the 2nd series was just solid gold from episode to episode.

I think a lot of the second series is in-jokes for fans of the first series. Jokes like GOB wanting to become a good magician again because of what happened at Spring Break, the recap thing on Scandalbusters, the Never-Nude thing...

Also my favourite joke of the series so far is
    Ron Howard complaining about the narrator on Scandalbusters :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I much preferred the second series. For about half of season one I was just waiting for it to appeal to me. I knew it had something but it wasn't an instant hook. By the middle of series two I really didn't want it to be cancelled.

OT: And I never imagined I would have wanted them to make a second series of the US Office, but there you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

They gotta save this. It was the best show on TV up until they brought back family guy yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

*WHEN* is this show on?

It was on TV3 last Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:30 - and the voiceover said it would be on again on Thursday. Unfortunately "Just Shoot Me" was on instead. I can't see any sign of it in the TV listings for this week. Very frustrating!

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Is series 2 still going? It was on TV3 on Thursdays, then we missed an episode and then it seemed like it was over because it wasn't on Thursday again??? Please tell me I haven't missed most of series 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭SteM

What's the point though? As much as I enjoy Arrested Development if it does get renewed because of this poll it'll just be a stay of execution.
    Previous winners of the poll - notably “Star Trek: Enterprise” and “Angel” – received new-season orders after winning this poll.

These both got renewed but it was for one more season IIRC (2 at the most) and then they were axed and AD will be the same.

With a bit of luck Judging Amy will be gone soon, I'm sick of having to sit through that piece of cr@p every Wednesday night. It seems to be never ending....

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

SteM wrote:
    What's the point though? As much as I enjoy Arrested Development if it does get renewed because of this poll it'll just be a stay of execution.

the point being that even 1 more season is better than none :)

With a bit of luck Judging Amy will be gone soon, I'm sick of having to sit through that piece of cr@p every Wednesday night. It seems to be never ending....

Why do you have to sit through it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

LFCFan wrote:
    Why do you have to sit through it?

I'm guessing it has something to do with a girlfriend or wife ;)

Cabaal wrote:
    I'm guessing it has something to do with a girlfriend or wife ;)

Yup, got it in one. :p

LFCFan wrote:
    the point being that even 1 more season is better than none :)

Yeah I understand that, I'm just saying don't get your hopes up that it means a long term reprieve is all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Three seasons is probably optimal for a sit-com. They invariably slacken off after that. does Fox go purely and solely on ratings to decide which shows to keep and which to axe? Surely the borderline series should be picked up by some other channel from time to time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I kinda missed the first few episodes of the second series, but I've got the 1st series on DVD and am watching the 2nd series on TV3.

Have to sya, I do prefer the second series. I'm actually finding the storylines more funnier. Best episode is the one where Maggie the lawyer pretends she's pregnant in order to win a case against obesite with ehr pregnant client. Could not stoplaughing throughout that storyline.

I think tobias is the funniest out of the lot. HE;s just too stupid to even realise his stupidity.

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    I think tobias is the funniest out of the lot. HE;s just too stupid to even realise his stupidity.
    Watch the commentaries on that DVD. David Cross is definitly the funniest of the cast in real life :)

Advertisement