Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amercian Dad

Options
  • 02-05-2005 7:50am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So anyone see episode two of this yet?
    Any thoughts on it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Drastic

No, but the first episode rocked...

"Didn't you see Momento??
    Its not as good the second time"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just watched it, to be honest it wasn' a good story
    Felt kind of bored while watching it, no laugh out loud moments for me :(

Drastic, word of warning...get rid of the animated sigs or a admin will
    Also your sig size breaks the sig rules --> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60479

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Saw the first episode (is the second one out?) and I didn't like it.
    One or two funny moments but it felt like Family Guy lite.
    Wont bother keeping up with this anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

This is from Cinescape.com:

The return of FAMILY GUY is like running into an old crush from high school and learning that not only does she still like you, but she's spent the past 10 years running marathons, practicing yoga, and studying the Kama Sutra. AMERICAN DAD is the annoying nephew she brings along on your date, the one who spends the entire night lobbing spitballs at you and telling the same three knock-knock jokes over and over again. You might try to like the kid for her sake, but really, you'd kick him out the car door in the middle of the freeway if you thought it wouldn't hurt your chances with the limber, athletic student of Eastern eroticism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

First episode was pretty poor, nothing worth writing home about so to speak :)

Not a patch on family guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I like it, nowhere near as good but good none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

its alright, funny enuf but its no FG alright....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I think seth should concentrate on family guy. I wouldnt be surprised if this was cancelled before the second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,934 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The first episode was awful but I liked the second episode. Greg & Terry the "anchor partners" were good. "News that's independant, proud and unashamed" :)

I still wouldn't be surprised if it only lasted a season though.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Liked the first one, thought this episode was pretty poor..
    ill wait for a few more before making up my mind proper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Same. Thought the first one was very funny. This had its good moments, but was on the whole pretty weak. Hope it improves back the standard of the first next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

does anyone know of any sources where i might find episode 2?? pm me pleeeeeeeeez.
    first one was ok, obviously prefered new family guy though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i thoght the stroy behind the gold fish was brillent
    and also simple little things when god and bush are on the phone there isa rubix cube nsolved on bush desk if they keep having bush in iother episodes i bet they will leave the rubix cube unsolved there on bushs desk for everysingle episode

• Registered Users Posts: 20,934 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I thought having Bush answer to God and God answer to Cheney was brilliant :)

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Haven't seen the second one, but the first one had it's moments.
    "Oh god, this is the gay call isn't? I've been preparing for this for years"

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

I found it was much better the second time I saw it...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I thought the first episode was alot better then this one.

Homeless people are kind of an easy target, aren't they?

I did like the bit where Francine is showing the couple the house:

"Oh, hopefully soon we'll be more than just a couple."

"I'm sorry, I just thought you were fat."

"We're adopting!"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Yeah pretty much same as for me, thought it was funnyish in parts but not even on the same planet as Family Guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭smorton

i thought it average the first time i watched it but better the second and third times. (lots of time on my hands). itll never be as good as family guy tho. wud never expect it to be. loved the line "he killed.... his own name". and ive been calling ppl "catch u next tuesday"s all week :D

Advertisement