Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable Mess(pics included), What to do?

Options
  • 01-05-2005 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭

Well as can be seen from the pics theres not much room to move in my case! My psu is an ocz modstream which is an excellent performer but un fortunately the cables, which are sheathed and look great, are very unflexible. The main 20pin power cable goes right over the hsf which is restricting airflow. The pics shown here are after i spent an hour try to rearrange the mess and remove a few non essential cables! So anyone else got problems like this. Why not post your own cable arrangements and put me to shame :(

pic1
    pic2
    pic3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Eh.... I don't even dare open my case, I may not get it closed again.

That's tidy compared to mine.

John

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Man your lucky, have a modstream as well and i have those cables everywhere,bitch to bend. Tie raps are the answer,try secure your 20pin connection to the casing under the PSU,i see you have a support beam there?

My f*cking modstream is clicking and i must send i back - dreading taking it out.

Nukem

EDIT:just looked again and you have it done to the other one so i guess you tried it already.Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Nukem wrote:
    Man your lucky, have a modstream as well and i have those cables everywhere,bitch to bend. Tie raps are the answer,try secure your 20pin connection to the casing under the PSU,i see you have a support beam there?

My f*cking modstream is clicking and i must send i back - dreading taking it out.

Nukem

EDIT:just looked again and you have it done to the other one so i guess you tried it already.Sorry

Yea tried cabletying main 20pin cable to support beam but it was under too much stress and barely fit into the slot so i just left it be. Gettin watercooling soon so its gonna get even messier :eek:

I've heard of the 'notorious' clicking problem on the ocz powerstream but not the modstream. Sorry to hear about yours, hopefully your not waiting to long for it to be replaced.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

I've heard of the 'notorious' clicking problem on the ocz powerstream but not the modstream. Sorry to hear about yours, hopefully your not waiting to long for it to be replaced.

Its the 520 and the clicking has no effect on the performace, i reckon its a bearing or something small. Taking it out in a few days need the computer. Bought if from shop4memory so will have it back in a week they reckon so all good.

Could you twist that cable to arc it around the HSF?

Nukem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Subc wrote:
    recently cleaned my cooler master praetorian which is the same as yours:

Very nice, hiding as much cables as possible behind the m/b tray is definitley the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/26424/11957.JPG

There's mine, nice n neat... With the Zalman i'll you'll be getting in about n hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

The pics shown here are after i spent an hour try to rearrange the mess and remove a few non essential cables! So anyone else got problems like this.

Am going to get the Same PSU in the next month or so, to try and get rid of the Ball of red yellow and black wires in my case, belive me you dont have any problems with cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

unklerosco wrote:
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/26424/11957.JPG

There's mine, nice n neat... With the Zalman i'll you'll be getting in about n hour.

Damm that is nice and tidy dude good job :D

mine is in a bit of a mess at the moment cabling everywere - shuttle,Hitman pc,server,external hdd cabinett,and laptop and the work laptop,

need to sort out my junk one of these days :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

some nice tidy cableing there, but looking at those pics im just wondering if im the only person with somthing in every bay, port and slot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

No, I'm fairly full up too.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

some nice tidy cableing there, but looking at those pics im just wondering if im the only person with somthing in every bay, port and slot?
    I was just thinking the same thing!! There is a lot to be said for going for a mainboard with all the extras i suppose ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I had to send my powerstream back because of the clicking, taking more than a week thou.
    I aways try hid as many cable as possible on the right hand side of the case behind the drives etc, any cabling i dont use i try stuff above/behind the psu

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Try this on for size!

http://members.boards.ie/snapscan1212p/pc-case.jpg

That is a big case. 6x 5.25" bays, 4x 3.5" bays (and a further 3 via the extension.

~snapscan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Try this on for size!

http://members.boards.ie/snapscan1212p/pc-case.jpg

That is a big case. 6x 5.25" bays, 4x 3.5" bays (and a further 3 via the extension.

~snapscan
    Where's the forklift you use to move it kept?

Ah, the joy of trying to bring that to my first LAN.
    And it's not even full. See the two empty spaces in the base of the hard-drive expansion? 2 more HDDs to be installed in an hour, pushing my server into the 1TB family.

~snapscan

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Is it really that bad?

I can't see those Imagebucket ones for some reason, along with anything on Geocities or argos.co.uk
    Reckon DNS is after getting caught up it's own ass again.

~snapscan

Advertisement