Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Internet Radio

Options
  • 01-05-2005 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

I Know it's a bit late in the day but we have just discovered internet radio and it's brilliant. We ended up listening to a show we used to enjoy in Richmond VA until the small hours of this morning.

So my question is, does anyone have any experience of recording internet radio via a timer system? We want to schedule a recording piece of s/ware to start recording at 2am and finish at 4am - similar to a VCR. Ideally this s/ware would be v cheap or better still FOC.

I did a google and found some apps but then did a google for reviews on these apps and reviews were too mixed to make a decision.

Hopefully somebody here has some experience and as always, all advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'd like to know too! Ideally software that can store it in mp3 format on the pc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I use Wavepad but don't know about timer functions

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

alleepally - That's a really interesting site with loads of v interesting s/ware including my recorder - thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

could you not run wavepad /or cooledit or something as a sheduled task at 2am? to run for 2 hours? just a thought... might work

macker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

if you're using winamp internet radio, you can use HiDownload to rip the stream

• Advertisement
Advertisement