Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adaptec American Tv Tuner

Options
  • 30-04-2005 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping someone could help me with this: I recently purchased a Hp Pavilion zd8000 laptop from the states. It came with Windows Media Center 2005 and a tv tuner.

When I try and set up the tuner in Media Center it asks me for my location, if I select Ireland (or any PAL country for that matter), Media center complains that my hardware does not support that location. If I select United States or other, Media Center keeps saying that no antennae connection is present - if I manually tune I can see some very fuzzy black and white images on the screen.

I'm guessing that the problem here is that the problem is that the tuner is expecting an NTSC signal and recieving a PAL signal instead.

I've done a bit of searching on the web and through the documentation supplied but I can't find anything definite to say whether it supports PAL or not. My gut feeling tells me that the tuner supports PAL but that the version of the drivers that are out at the moment (1.0) do not.

The tv tuner is from Adaptec and its model number is AVC-3610 but as it's an OEM part I can't find much information about it.

So I guess I'm trying my luck to see if anybody knows anything about this? :D Or if not, can anybody recommend a good PAL - NTSC signal converter, preferably under the €50 mark? I'm not even sure if that will solve my problem. :confused:

Don't really want to not use this tuner as it's a dual tuner and therefore worth a bit of cash...

Any help would be fantastic!

Advertisement