Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Charter (Read this Please) (Updated 15/06/05)

Options
  • 30-04-2005 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

What this board is for

This board is for people who want to know more about any of the following, investing, the financial markets or money. Any topics posted here should relate to these topics. This does not include posts like "How do I get a credit card", these posts belong on the more general business/economy/finance board. Topics here should be more serious in nature rather than strictly practical.

Asking for peoples opinions on particular stocks or particular markets is fine, but as the disclaimer states, posts on this board do not consitute financial advice, they are just opinion. This is true regardless of who is posting, even in situations where the person in real life might actually be able to give financial advice due to their job.

What is not allowed on here:

*Soliciting business.
    This is a bannable offense. Trying to solicit business or get free advertising on this board will result in you being banned from this board permenantly. Multiple accounts from the same person doing this will result in me asking the admins to ban your IP from this site. You don't want that.

*Flames or iow personal attacks on others.
    Now we do not agree as a group with regards to alot of things, one example being whether analysis of the markets is worthwhile. This is fine, if you want to disagree with someone and argue the opposite side in an intelligent and coherent manner, then go right ahead. In fact I want to encourage this! However attacks against posters personally for views they hold will result in moderation (see below).

*Off Topic Threads
    Posting threads on here that have nothing to do with this board will result in them being moved or deleted. First time is fine and no harm done. Do it continously then bad things will happen (see below).

*"Pumping and Dumping"
    This includes and is not limited to, falsely advertising a stock in order to boost it's share price or to offload said shares to the public. Any post that I suspect of doing this will be deleted and the user banned. If you are bullish on a stock back it up with why you are bullish, and be warned that there are professional stock analysists on this board who will be able to tell if you are lying.

*No Commercial Entities
    People may post to this board as private entities. NO ONE is allowed to post here as a representitive for a bank/brokerage/whatever. NO ONE. If you want to advertise then contact the admins and they can tell you about the rates. Any accounts created for the sole purpose of advertising a company or entity will be banned from this board permenantly. Posting here as a professional in the industry (past or present) is fine. You just post here as a person and cannot represent your company. Clear enough?

*No advertising of commercial entities.
    No weblinks to investment sites in general posts. There will be a locked thread where all the relelvant links will be posted. People can PM me with links that they would like to see in said thread, this is fine. But to avoid the possibility of people using this board to advertise for free, no one is allowed to link to a related commercial site in either their posts or sig. I will enforce this strictly.

NB Weblinks to articles, information sites and free sites are fine. It is only blatant advertising of commercial entities that I will be removing.

Moderation for offense of the above will follow the following sequence unless otherwise stated, or I feel differently. You are entitled to none of these steps, but their only purpose is to serve as a warning system so that people who are unaware of the rules aren't banned for an honest mistake. If I think that the breach of rules was intentional, then I will just ban you with no warning. The ban will be permenant and not up for discussion if I think it's warranted.

1st Mistake: Post edited/deleted, user warned via PM and on board.
    2nd Mistake: Post edited/deleted, user warned via PM and on board.
    3rd Mistake: Post deleted. User banned for 2-8 weeks depending on what they did.
    4th Mistake: Permenant Ban.

The above is not up for discussion, and I will skip the first two or three steps when I feel there is no point in warning somone. I won't be banning genuine users for small infractions, I will only be banning trolls, advertisers and commercial entities.

Politeness and manners are something that are important to me. If you treat others well on here, I will treat you in the same manner. If you don't. Then don't expect me to be nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement