Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bbc2.5?

Options
  • 29-04-2005 11:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Is there's still >=1 available to join me for a drink next Friday?

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I'll be there Adam!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'll be there, and may be able to convince one or more other people who may have some involvement in boards to come along too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'll be there too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Groovy. I'd better start squeezing into my spandex onesie tonight so, it takes a while to get it on.

Should I wear the clogs or the pumps do you think?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'll be there :)

Whats the venue and starting time?

• Advertisement

I think last time it started about 5.30 in the Phoenix. I'm assuming it'll be the same again this time.

Well, it's not exactly beer garden weather right now anyway. Sure might as well hook up there, we can always dawdle over to the Well if the sun is cracking the stones (maybe have a few drinks on the way!); and if anyone wants to meet up with us later they can call my mobile to see where we are. Any objections?

adam

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

sounds grand to me, I'll be over at around half six (finishing work at 6, will have a couple of things to do along the way). Incidentally, is this going to be a joint CLUG/boards venture or are you feeling brave/foolhardy enough to make this a standalone boards do?

What time will other people be arriving, so I know when to be there? I can be there any time from 5pm.

Fysh, I was supposed to meet Peter last week but I called it off and mentioned this, so I guess it'll be a joint affair. Don't think you can call it a "do" when the most that's been out is a dozen though! Especially when two thirds of them weren't boardsies. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Well i'm home for the next few days so i might meet anyone for a laugh and a few drinks in Kanturk. Philpotts, i suppose! :)

• Advertisement

KittyKat wrote:
    Well i'm home for the next few days so i might meet anyone for a laugh and a few drinks in Kanturk. Philpotts, i suppose! :)

Hmm I'd offer to meet you halfway in Banteer (joke :p) except that I am in Cork for the week.

Have fun at home :)

dahamsta wrote:
    Fysh, I was supposed to meet Peter last week but I called it off and mentioned this, so I guess it'll be a joint affair. Don't think you can call it a "do" when the most that's been out is a dozen though! Especially when two thirds of them weren't boardsies. :)

adam

well, i dunno, the last galway beers had under a dozen people (although admittedly they were all boardsies). But hey, anything involving more than just me in the pub with a keg of tequila is a "do", damnit. If you don't watch yourself I'll wear my Hawaiian (well, Fijian actually but same difference) shirt this friday, just to spite you.

Is the Pete you mention Pete from the 4C in UCC? Or another peter who I don't know?

He was at the first BBC you were at. There was a guy and a girl sitting across from you when we were out the back, the guy is Peter, the girl is Julie Ann, who he works with.

adam

ok, so I have a staff dinner thing aswell, so I'll meet you guys first, do the dinner and then find you all again!?!

Yeah sure, I'll give you my number so you can track us down. Or if you have access to the Prison Service's GPS system you'll be able to find me that way. :)

(Everyone else, if you're coming in later, my number's on my website. Finding my website is an initiative test, if you can't find it, you're too stupid to spend time with me.)

adam

oh, and I can be there for 5 too... horray for days off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

ok, so I have a staff dinner thing aswell, so I'll meet you guys first, do the dinner and then find you all again!?!

I'll also be at said staff dinner so lets get wasted on the free wine !

Get wasted on my free whine instead.

Meeting an uncle for a pint at 3.30...

This could be a long night :D

dahamsta wrote:
    Get wasted on my free whine instead.

Apres grub then.

• Advertisement

I hope to make it in for about 5.30 so see ye all soon!

I may be a bit delayed, but I *will* turn up (probably around 7ish) - couple of people's leaving do from work and since I quite liked them it'd be rude not to turn up...

Nerds.

Hic.

I've been drinking for the past 14 hours....

This can't be a good thing ;)

Dont tell me ye kept going till 5! :eek:

Did ye go somewhere else after an brog?

Owie. Damn you, Toub, and your insistence that we start on the jaegermeister! Now my head feels like a family of otters have made their nest in it.
    *shakes fist*

In other news, after leaving last night I wandered around town aimlessly for about half an hour, then went home and managed to fall asleep on the couch. SCORE!

Adam??
    you know that conversation we had about hangovers lasting the full 24 hours? well I'm still not 100% after Friday night, and I blame that jaegermeister too (and the million vodkas, white russian and wine that I drank) but it's all your fault anyway!

twas a good night though!! there'll be no drinking for me at the next one though, I'll have work the following morning! (*phew*)

you know that conversation we had about hangovers lasting the full 24 hours? well I'm still not 100% after Friday night, and I blame that jaegermeister too (and the million vodkas, white russian and wine that I drank) but it's all your fault anyway!
    I wasn't too bad meself, although I did take a hit of Alka-Seltzer just to be sure. Pretty sure I only had the one Jager from the round I bought meself, and left shortly afterwards. Boys are boring. :)

EDIT: BTW, the white russians in Luigi Malone's are only stonking. They put ice cream in them, it's like drinking an ice cream float with alcohol in it, which imho is right up there with chocolate brownie hash cakes.
    twas a good night though!! there'll be no drinking for me at the next one though, I'll have work the following morning! (*phew*)
    Grand so, you're responsible for getting me home the next time.

adam

Advertisement