Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IL leave it to the pros

Options
  • 29-04-2005 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

could anyone recomend me a good pc i can build it so it will be a bit cheaper.which is better and cheaper the nivida 2card thing or the ati x800/850.my buget is around 1500 and could ye include 17 inch LCD.sorry about this but since im a newb i might as well leave it to the pros!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

could anyone recomend me a good pc i can build it so it will be a bit cheaper.which is better and cheaper the nivida 2card thing or the ati x800/850.my buget is around 1500 and could ye include 17 inch LCD.sorry about this but since im a newb i might as well leave it to the pros!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you look at the build pc on Komplett.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

i want to build the pc by myself because it is cheaper

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

What do you want to use the computer for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Building your own computer may not be cheaper, but will probably be better bang for your buck, research the million other threads in this forum on the same topic.

See a pattern of questions being asked?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Oh man! You have too much money.As asked you really need to post what ya need it for,what you want (eg) TFT and comp or just comp and all the bits you need.

The two card thingy is called SLi and i would steer clear if you a n00b. Check the stickies in this forum for parts.Best starting place is Komplett for parts. And if you dont know what you doin,then just ask,someone here will steer ya in the right direction no hassle.

Nukem

• Advertisement

i want a pc for gaming so it has to be top of the rang so wont go out of date in for a good while.
    sound

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

i want a pc for gaming so it has to be top of the rang so wont go out of date in for a good while.
    sound

No such thing.Out date after ya buy it,but if you build it with good parts it will last ya a good while. For gamin i say go AMD but you could go for the new AMD range like Vencie and San Diego,you want a 939 board with pci-e and for gaming i recommend at least 1Gb of good RAM. The nVidia 6800gt & ultra are good and so are th x800/850pro/xt/xl ranging from 300-500ish. Good PSU required so go with a reputile name for as much future proofing as possible about the 500w mark.Would you be willing to buy a pre-assembled one or do you want to build it yourself?

Nukem

i made this on komplett=

Qty Your Price Total

Cooler Master Centurion Case Black Aluminium (Without PSU)

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 300357
    Stock status: 50-99 stocked 47.11 47.11

Pioneer DVDRW Dual Layer DVR-109/B Black OEM

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 307777
    Stock status: 50-99 stocked 53.72 53.72

Thermaltake Tower 102 4 in 1 CPU-Cooler Socket A/478/775/754/939

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 305842
    Stock status: 24 stocked 25.62 25.62

Sony Floppy Drive, 3,5" 1,44MB Black Floppy Drive Internal

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 114711
    Stock status: 50-99 stocked 8.26 8.26

Sapphire Radeon X800XL 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express,Tv-Out, DVI-I, Full-Retail

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 306372
    Stock status: 14 stocked 260.33 260.33

Samsung SpinPoint P80SD 160GB SATA2 8MB 7200RPM NCQ

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 308201
    Stock status: 37 stocked 80.17 80.17

Abit AX8, K8T890, Socket-939, ATX SATA, GbLAN, Firewire, uGURU, PCI-Ex16

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 306361
    Stock status: 37 stocked 96.69 96.69

Crucial PC3200 DDR-DIMM 1024MB CL3 5ns Unbuffered, Non-parity, 2.5V,128Meg x 64

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 123472
    Stock status: 7 stocked 132.23 132.23

Microsoft Digital Media PRO Keyboard, USB, PS/2, Zoom, Retail UK

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 306323
    Stock status: 2 stocked 27.27 27.27

Logitech MX510 Optical Mouse, USB, PS/2

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 124147
    Stock status: 100+ stocked 36.36 36.36

IIyama 17" ProLite E430S-B TCO-99 Monitor, Black, 8ms

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 308286
    Stock status: 31 stocked 214.05 214.05

Creative Inspire T-3000 Retail

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 302217
    Stock status: 12 stocked 35.54 35.54

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2GHz Socket 939, 512KB, BOXED w/fan

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 307752
    Stock status: 15 stocked 219.01 219.01

Thermaltake Purepower Butterfly 480W W0019 PSU Black

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 121162
    Stock status: 4 stocked 90.08 90.08

Creative SB Audigy 2 Value, Bulk PCI Soundcard,7.1,Dolby Digital EX

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 303733
    Stock status: 50-99 stocked 32.98 32.98

Subtotal: 1359.42
    Surcharges: 0
    VAT: 285.48
    Total: 1644.9

we have a company so we claim vat so all my prices will be without vat.what do ya think.found this site called mesh i found a good pc there here
    .i changed the fx card to a ati 256mb x800 xl which cost an extra £125.so which one do you think i should go for or do ye have any other pcs in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

I know this may sound like sacrilege, but...... Save you self the headache, buy a Dell, you'll get something decent for that amount of cash.

And although you will get a lot of sadisfaction from building it, if you haven't it before it'll be ages before you get it working

How much are the XPS's ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

In fairness the build quality of Dells has gone down hill in recent years....certainly not the way to go

Also personally I'd drop the floppy drive :D

• Advertisement

is the komplett pc buildable and did you have a look at the mesh computer.do you know anything about mesh are they a good make.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

you'll need the floppy drive to load the sata drivers.

And also, he wants a machine that will last a while, and play games on, so Dell, with their P4's, and non-upgradability would be a stupid way to go.

Also, he wants to build it himself, so in the long term, using the experience gained, he'll be able to save himself money and get better quality parts.

That komplett deal looks ok, only things to change would be an Iiyama E435S, as it has a DVI port, preferably an nForce4 motherboard, and possibly corsair value ram, rather than crucial. Maybe make it an audigy 2 ZS rather than value. Also, the cost to go to 200gb hard drive is minscule, and an extra 40gb is always good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The Komplett build isn't bad. Here is the link to a build I put together for about 1500e from www.jes-computer.de

Just scratch the keyboard off the list as it will be a german one. You can up the processor to a 3500 as well and still be under 1500e. Some better quality parts there like the ram and mainboard.

BloodBath

if i was to get it from komplett what would you recomend me to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Get the Aldi pc the g card runs Doom3 and Hl2 on highest settings(1280*960 most the monitor will do) .

Has everything built in you could ever want or need.

Check the bargain alerts forum for when the next one is.

kdjac

but i want a pc that will last a wile.i have seen the aldi pc and the gfx card is not near as good as the x800 and the cpu is a pentium 3.2 and thats not that good.could ye please recomend me what parts i should change in the komplett build.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Buy one from their Outlet store.. Dell do some great offers there.

were is that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

but i want a pc that will last a wile.i have seen the aldi pc and the gfx card is not near as good as the x800 and the cpu is a pentium 3.2 and thats not that good.could ye please recomend me what parts i should change in the komplett build.
    thanks

Pentium 3.2 not that good? :rolleyes: Note that for the extra few hundred you'd have to spend to go a coupla hundred mhz higher than the pentium again, really won't reflect that much in gaming performance.
    If I was gonna biuld/buy a comp right now it'd be something with a PCI-e mobo that supports DDR2. It'd have 1gig RAM, something like the x800 (maybe a little lower and better value), maybe 3.0ghz P4, 2 fast HDDs, a dvd writer, a decent soundcard and a decent case. Then I'd spend half that cost again on a decent tft (if I didn't already have one).

The aldi PC is usually pretty good spec and has a lot of bells and whistles that one you build yourself won't have; you've just got to ask yourself how much of those you actually need...

well i am willing to spend up to 1500.i was told that amd 64s are better then p4 and which make/type of motherboard would you recomend me to get.

• Advertisement

Get the mainboard that's in my post. A64's are slightly better for gaming where as P4's are slightly better for encoding and multi-tasking.

Also don't get the ram from komplett. Get the one in my post from shop4memory. It had much lower timings for a great price.

Apart from that it looks good.

BloodBath

i will buy the ram of shop 4 memory but i want to buy the rest of komplett because i get ex.vat.so which motherboard would you recomend me and i could not find the ram you said on shop 4 memory.

i just found this on jes and it seems cheaper than komplett even if you take away the vat at komplett it seems cheaper but are all the parts good in the jes pc

They are decent, not the best. There is a 1200e version of that with a better graphics card. Keep in mind the OS and keyboard will be german but afaik you can use the cd key from it with an english version of XP.

If you do decide to build it yourself that ram is on shop4memory, look properly. It's in the dual-channel pc3200 section, 1Gb kit DDR PC-3200 Level1 Dual Channel - Mushkin costing 172e.

Komplett don't stock that DFI board however.

BloodBath

Advertisement