Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod scratched

Options
  • 29-04-2005 7:09pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else's ipod gets scratched as easily as mine.

I had it in my pocket the first day I used it and when I took it out there were loads of light scratches on the screen and the front of it... There was nothing else in my pocket, I cant figure how they got there. I got an Iskin for it but the screen sucks on it, keeps slipping and is probably doing more damage.

It's not made the thing un-usable but its a pain in the ass, it doesnt look quite as pretty as before!!!
    To be honest, its just that if this is how it looks after a week or two, it'll be in bits in a year. Bear in mind that I have been very careful about where I put it, it's the only think in my pocket and I never put anything that could scratch it near it..

Any tips on ways to protect the screen, and what would apple say if I sent this back as faulty?!!!

thanks

Comments

You get a "no questions asked" return to apple deal. Theyll hook you up with a new ipod. Just say its not working and send it off if you really cant deal with the scratches. When mine broke down, they sent me a new one and it was straght into the iskin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

The good folks over at ipod lounge have The Definitive Scratches Thread.

They say Brasso works well on all sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I think if you worry about it too much you'll just wreck your head. Put it in a skin and forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Well as long as it plays music it should be ok! That's why you got it right? I'd go with the iSkin myself, I have one and it's great. Feels very safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I have used Displex . It's a mild abrasive that will get rid of the scratched on the plastic. I have used on an iPod, and a pda with great results. They used to sell it in Spar in Ranelagh and Leeson St, probably just on a trial basis, but I think I might have seen it there recently behind the counter. The scratches on the stainless steel are diffciult to deal with and AFAIK can not be remove completely. I have found that Brasso does give it a shiny look, and makes the scratches less obvious. If you want to polish the front after removing the scratches, Turtle wax works great. I have not read about it for iPods, but I have used it on PDA screens to improve the stylus' movement. I used it on my Ipod, and it came up as good as new.

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

just get a cover for it? if i had an ipod i would want it to get scratched in my pocket. i know a few people with them and they seem to scratch easier than cds!

Advertisement