Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open on TV3

Options
  • 29-04-2005 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

I was told this is to be broadcast this weekend.
    Can anyone tel me if the City West final is going on air this week end.
    Maybe on of you PaddyPower guy's know the craic.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

PPP pit boss says " On TV3 on the 1st of may a 48 minute affair. Enjoy"

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Amaru

Thats actually a misprint, its on tonight at 1.35 am, not last night, meaning its on in 7 and a half hours from right now, 6.05pm on sunday.

gotya, tonight sunday night/very early monday morning. 01.35a.m

Nice1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Looking forward to this.

I wonder if it'll be anything like TV3's piece on the poker scene for their main news programme, a journalistic tour de force which ended nicely with the correspondent reading a statement from Gambler's Anonymous about the dangers of online gambling.

Tabloid hack cúnts. TV3 is the Evening Herald of television stations.

I hear ye Dapper. They can really stir it up if they want to.
    However at least they are open to broadcasting a tournament. I know Ian the producer of the documentry going out tonight and He told me RTE were about to sign the bottom line with the intention of running it but chickened out at the last minute. It will be interesting to see the ratings for this one. They counld'nt have picked a worse slot in my opinion 01.35 on a bank holiday weekend!! Anyway the network chiefs might be pleasantly surprised at the popularity of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Anybody know if it's repeated or does anybody need a video of TG4 Euronews
    from 1.35am to 2.05am from this morning? :(

What did you think people?
    Interesting piece of work, surely that cash game in Mountbellow is a joke.
    Some good Interviews with many of the top Irish players. However Noel Furlong (ex world champion) not mentioned. I thought Paul Leckey might get a mention also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

final table action was good, falconer is a gracious winner :rolleyes:

The pub poker, wtf?

• Advertisement

I'm with the 2 of you, in that I almost turned off after the first 20 minutes, especially when the old guy said "sure its about 80% luck, so anybody can win", and having what sounded like the guy from the "i wonder if any of them have an irish grand dad" ad narrating wasn't helping much either. Overall, it wasn't great, but the final table was at least worth watching. Terrible decision as well to call falconers all-in with the board paired up too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

aye the play was quite ropey for a final table of a major event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

okidoki987 wrote:
    Anybody know if it's repeated or does anybody need a video of TG4 Euronews
    from 1.35am to 2.05am from this morning? :(

Snap, only some foreign channel. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

I enjoyed it (apart from my own cameo appearance, of course)

Thought Andy Black was a cracking commentator and the interviews were good. The production quality wasn't great but the content, for the most part was good. Christy Smith has been saying that '80% luck' thing for years - to him it justifies why he isn't more successful at the game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I was away for the last week and missed this....anybody no if its on again...?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

pokertroll wrote:
    Christy Smith has been saying that '80% luck' thing for years - to him it justifies why he isn't more successful at the game.

Controversial, Mark ... I hope Christy isn't a boards regular!!! :D Agree it was a good show though, apart from 5 minutes wasted on the toothless old muppets of mountbellew poker-in-oireland twee. wp Andy ... if the bpo producers see that, I reckon Roy Brindley could be out of a job ... and so could Jesse May for that matter. Particularly enjoyed the Adrian Walshe slot ... he's a player I have learnt a lot from the few times I have been lucky/unlucky enough to be at the same table as him and even if he smashes my chip stack, it is always a pleasure to play against him. Final table play was muppetry of the highest order though, I don't feel quite so bad about a couple of my own recent howlers after seeing that :D

Just a few facts about Christy. He is ex Irish open champion. He is also runner up on two occasions. He also finshed third a few times. I've seen his records and the facts are He is one of the most sucessful Irish players of all time.
    Very few players worldwide, not to mention Ireland, can claim to have won more money than they lost every year for twenty five years. Not only do I rate Him as a top class player He is also a gentleman, who loves the game and the players.

I think Andy did a good job, but the over all production was poor. Final table hole cards were very hard to see. I'm off to Mountbellow for a game. See you later.

Fintan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

I agree he is a gentleman but the 80% luck quote just wrecks my head.
    What year did he win the Irish Open? - I know his sister Jenny won it a couple of years ago.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Dub13 wrote:
    I was away for the last week and missed this....anybody no if its on again...?

I've just watched it, you're not missing much.

Pokertroll, I'm sure about which year Christy won that tournament. My guess is 1999, but I will post when I find out.

• Advertisement

I also liked when paddy power got that royal flush against sheringham and cascarino. He really played it right!

Advertisement