Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No drive in My Computer

Options
  • 29-04-2005 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,824 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a HD connected to an external enclosure. When I turn it on, it doesn't do the autoplay where it asks what you want to do anymore. And it doesn't even show up in My Computer either. I formatted it recently and made it into NTFS and as far as I know, since I did that, when I checked last, there was no problem. I hadn't tried it in about a week or so and now this is happening.

I went to disc management and I see it there

Volume:250GB
    Layout:Partition
    Tyoe:Basic
    File System:NTFS
    Capacity: 233.76GB
    Free Soace:20.75GB
    %Free:8%
    Fault Tolerance:NO
    Overhead:0%

Now why would this not be showing up does anyone know? I haven't tried different jumper settings because it booted up fine without them before. I'm using a laptop and don't really want to go changing HD around in another computer.

Would it be anything to do with the fact I have 2 external hard drive enclosures, and keep one on top of the other? I bought an ICY BOX for my 320GB HD last week, since then I have had the 250GB in the ICY BOX under the 320GB in an iBuddie case. I have only turned the 320GB iBuddie case on since last week. I swapped drives around so now the 320GB is in the ICY BOX and the 250GB is in the iBuddie. I'm afraid to turn the ICY BOX on. The iBuddie is on now (laying on top of the ICY BOX with the 250GB inside it)

Also, could it be anything to do with the fact that I used "O" in[URL=https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/19234/9758.jpg"This"[/URL] image (the power cord) instead of the one included with the ICY BOX (It was a European 2 pin one). I presumed the input would matter? It did everything fine using it anyway last week.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,824 ✭✭✭✭cormie

bump:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,824 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Aha, all I had to do was give it a drive letter in Partition Magic! Problem solved. Thanks for the 22 views anyway :p

Advertisement