Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange message at startup

Options
  • 28-04-2005 6:53pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a Dell dimension 2350. I rencently installed a 2nd hard drive. The ribbon cable that was in there can only take one hard drive, so a friend gave me a normal one that has space for another. I installed the hard drive and everything works fine apart from the fact that the systems runs a little slower, but i think that its because the 2nd hard drive is 120gb and about 90& full.

Anyway, when I start up the computer it says "Warning: the front panel board has been unplugged". It says press F1 to continiue and everything rund fine, but its annoying to haev to do that.

Anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

Also, is it normal for a PC to run a bit slow if I have a nearly full 2nd hard drive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

boot up time will always be slower with extra drives. shouldn't slow it down after it's booted tough.

the message at boot could be if you have front mounted sockets (USB, audio, etc) with a connection on the motherboard. quite regular for the odd cable to get yanked when opening the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Zascar wrote:
    Anyway, when I start up the computer it says "Warning: the front panel board has been unplugged". It says press F1 to continiue and everything rund fine, but its annoying to haev to do that.

Anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

it was a tough one.. I had to look long and hard... but I THINK I cracked the code..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

go into your bios, and disable/reset the check to see if you've opened the cover of your computer.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I've had a good luck and there is nothing in there that lets me do that... weird...

Advertisement