Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

idlewild gig tonight

Options
  • 28-04-2005 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Anyone Like Idlewild !!!

Won Tickets To Go To Their Gig In The Ambassador Through Mcd !!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight!!!!!!!

And I Cant Go So Anyone Interested!!!! Pm Me Asap!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Don't forget to head over after Idlewild to Phantasm in the Village on Wexford St. for some indie sounds. Doors from 10:30 and admission is €5.00. Over 18's ID required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

exclamation mark!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

yeah im going, even though i dont like the new album
    still looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

It was great!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Man am I jealous...............I desperatly wanted to go, but for un-controllable circumstances, it didn't happen. I heard they played for over an hour and a half......God damn you all anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Man am I jealous...............I desperatly wanted to go, but for un-controllable circumstances, it didn't happen. I heard they played for over an hour and a half......God damn you all anyway!
    and played "this bronze medal" for the first time.

and a cover of "I wanna be sedated" by the ramones as they spotted a ramones shirt in the crowd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I was very ish about the whole thing tbh. Once they played 'American English' though I was content with what I had gotten out of the night. However, many a song just had me bored and distracted. Ah well, can't win 'em all, there were a good handful of stormers in their set too.

Headed down to The Village afterwards (around 1) and I have to say I was shocked at the lack of bodies in there. Was it that quiet all night does anyone know?

xm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

they were superb even better than they were 3 years, better than Greenday cause they didn't turn into a bloody caberet act, you really have to know the songs.
    I was screaming at them to play you hold the World in your arms today for a second time.

would of liked if they played actually "it's darkness" or "in remote part (scottish fiction)"

but as said above you can't win them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

It was a good gig and im not really a fan. I went because a mate of mine was going. A lot of the songs sound the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Dublin, Ambassador
    28th April 2005 -

1. Too Long Awake
    2. Little Discourage
    3. Love Steals Us From Loneliness
    4. A Modern Way Of Letting Go
    5. Welcome Home
    6. You Held The World In Your Arms
    7. I Want A Warning
    8. I'm A Message
    9. El Capitan
    10. American English
    11. The Space Between All Things
    12. Live In A Hiding Place
    13. Not Just Sometimes But Always (acoustic)
    14. When I Argue I See Shapes
    15. I Understand It
    16. The Bronze Medal
    17. Roseability
    18. I Wanna Be Sedated (Ramones cover!)
    19. Everyone Says You're So Fragile
    20. A Film For The Future

The first song was quality, didn't know most of the others but I thought they were excellent. Lead guitarist was superb.

• Advertisement

i didn't like the way they came back after the encore and said " we saw someone in the crowd with a ramones t-shirt on so we'll play one of their songs" sounded really spontainious (sp.) but they played it at other gigs in scotland on this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I dont think thats actually what they said, they did mention the Ramones t-shirts but I don't remember them saying thats why they'd play it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

i heard they were pretty average by good friends of mine who've seen em lots, said alot of the new songs lyrically are not the best and after reading some of them i agree, but it was good to see that people enjoyed it.

Advertisement