Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad Habits

• 27-04-2005 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Chances are if you are like every other human being on this planet you have one or
    more bad habits that you just can’t shake.

As an old Pighead Proverb states, “Bad habits are like a comfortable bed -- easy to get into but hard to get out of.”

Yes little piglets, breaking a bad habit is like breaking away from your mobile phone. It will drive you crazy at first but once you let it go you’ll value the freedom of talking to the person right next to you or enjoying what’s in front of you for a change.

In other words, you’ll overcome the pain and appreciate the long-term rewards of letting a bad habit go.
    Did you know that bad habits are really just bad choices repeated so often that they become an unconscious pattern? So come on my fellow boarders regain your ability to choose and you can break them.

My Top 5 Worst Habits

1/Quoting from movies when you know somebody there hasn't seen it yet
    2/Screaming out "JUGS!" every time you see a nice rack
    3/chronic masturbation
    4/Calling your friends at 2:30am every time you're drunk
    5/Posting crap on boards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Masturbating when I'm not alone in bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

LadyJ wrote:
    :eek:

Probably pacing about when I have something on my mind, drives other people mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I bite my nails
    I am extremly obnoxious!
    and I also call ppl at 2:30 when I am drunk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

LadyJ wrote:

Sorry Ladyj,you seem to have misread the thread title,I Said BAD HABITS!
    Jolly good show old girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I ocassionaly like to take a poke around in my nostrils,

Regards netwhizkid

• Advertisement

Marts wrote:
    I bite my nails
    I am extremly obnoxious!
    and I also call ppl at 2:30 when I am drunk!

This has to be one of the hardest habits to break, but it can be done. Here are just a few ways to make it easier.Pighead stopped 2 years ago and although hes still taking it one day at a time hes never been happier

Here's How to stop:

1. Decide that you are going to stop. Pick a day and say that's it. No more nibbling. Now here are a few little ways to help.

2. There are some bitter tasting liquids that can painted onto the nails. I don't know anyone who actually liked the taste, so this is going to slow you down and give your nails a little time to start growing.

3. The minute you wash your hands, re-apply the liquid mentioned above. This will also focus attention on your hands and the nails which should be visible by now.

4. Keep an emery board in every room and one in your backpack or purse. The minute you notice a snag, use the emery board and not your teeth.

5. Will power is an amazing thing. If you want something badly enough, you can do it. If you want pretty nails, you are the only person who can stop it from happening.

I used to bite my nails but this is no more than an oral fixation.
    Start engaging in more oral sex and watch those nails grow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Generally just quoting from obscure sources... no-one gets that side of my humour.

That and ive recently started rubbing my fingers together... stress related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

LadyJ wrote:
    Christ you must be great fun to know!

Christ you must be great fun to know!
    Only if you have a nail-biting habit! I'm happy to help men get over them! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

i used to bit my nails but the thing that made me stop was getting braces and not wanting things to break or get stuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Mine are:

Smoking (gave up for over a year, but lately getting into it again).

Calling Pighead's sister when it's 2:30am and I'm drunk.....

Going to the pub for one or two and coming back 3 days later.

Women.

Making the mistake of getting into debates/slagging matches on boards with people who are probably only

12 years of age and haven't a ****ing clue what they are on about.

* PS - LadyJ, you are a bloke aren't you? No girl goes on like you do. I demand photographic proof of your identity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I used to butt in the middle of someone saying something. But I slowly stopped that. I picked up a terrible habit from a friend of rolling my eyes if someone does something silly. It's terrible..Thanks simone!! I think most people quote from movies. It's just **** when other people don't know what its from.. "We're like the mounties..." :D

* PS - LadyJ, you are a bloke aren't you? No girl goes on like you do. I demand photographic proof of your identity.
    I'm a girl. Honestly. Ask Exoffender. He's my cousin.
    It's just my way. Can't a gal be open about sex etc?! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭[InsertHandle]

LadyJ wrote:

Where can i find someone to help me get over my oral fixations???

LadyJ wrote:

Post a picture of yourself? How old are you? Girls can be open about sex, but tbh most are not as open as that.... sounds like a middle aged man pretending to be a girl and talking about the cock tbh!
    ;)

Where can i find someone to help me get over my oral fixations???
    Lol :rolleyes:
    Step right this way my good man........../woman.... :D

Kernel wrote:
    Post a picture of yourself? How old are you? Girls can be open about sex, but tbh most are not as open as that.... sounds like a middle aged man pretending to be a girl and talking about the cock tbh!
    ;)
    I'm 19, no pics,that's a weird thing to do! Ro: maaan,Jim,come and defend my honour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

LadyJ wrote:

The more "sexually open" the better, I say ;)

BTW my habit is gnawing my cuticles. Yeeuch!

LadyJ wrote:
    I'm 19, no pics,that's a weird thing to do! Ro: maaan,Jim,come and defend my honour!

Ok then young cock-smoker, I believe you. ;):p

• Advertisement

LadyJ wrote:

Oi back off lads.This is my thread hence i get first dibs
    Ps Kernel your a fine one to talk about lying over your identity,your 74 and your underpants are stuck to your ballsack

Pighead wrote:
    Oi back off lads.This is my thread hence i get first dibs
    Ps Kernel your a fine one to talk about lying over your identity,your 74 and your underpants are stuck to your ballsack

My undies are still around in your sisters from the last time I called her when I was drunk.. :D

Anyway.. back on topic... another bad habit of mine is not believing women! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Kernel wrote:
    ;)

as if a picture is proof - try google image search if you're so desperate for a pic

Despite the impression given, LadyJ is a lady, though my brother has his doubts after she ate all his chicken today!

My worst habit would probably be procrastination, trying to think of one that would annoy other people.... any ideas J?

LadyJ wrote:

all man ..
    *Checks underpants*
    *remembers not wearing underpants*
    *see's the beast staring back*

... yup, all man LadyJ ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I bite my nails, apologise too much and too often, procrastinate, correct people's spelling and punctuation, occasionally drink orange juice out of cartons... I'd say they're probably my worst ones. I think the procrastination would be hardest to get rid of!

all man ..
    *Checks underpants*
    *remembers not wearing underpants*
    *see's the beast staring back*

... yup, all man LadyJ ;)

I don't believe you either... post a pic of your beast, alongside a banklink card for scale purposes.
    :p

as if a picture is proof - try google image search if you're so desperate for a pic

Despite the impression given, LadyJ is a lady, though my brother has his doubts after she ate all his chicken today!
    I'm a lady,woah woah woah I'm a lady... :D

Kernel wrote:
    I don't believe you either... post a pic of your beast, alongside a banklink card for scale purposes.
    :p

I've already got a warning about that sort of thing:rolleyes:

Oi you all need to address your bad habits of turning my thread into a smut-fest.Go to the cyber sex orgy forum if you want to get some wet groin action
    Buzz Off
    Pighead Bad Habit Number 6:Holding my poo in instead of relieving myself straght away,this will lead to terrible bowel damage in later life.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:
    Oi you all need to address your bad habits of turning my thread into a smut-fest.Go to the cyber sex orgy forum if you want to get some wet groin action
    Buzz Off
    Pighead Bad Habit Number 6:Holding my poo in instead of relieving myself straght away,this will lead to terrible bowel damage in later life.

eh.... usually habits have sorta benefit\pleasure - this the sorta thing you see as saving time?

Ok,ok,a smutless bad habit,I bitch about people behind thier backs....
    God,that Bottle_of_Smoke is such a sap! TEEHEE.I kid,I kid!

*runs off to hang out with best friend Iseult*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

My worst habit has to be cracking my knuckles/back/neck etc ...
    Most people can handle me cracking my knuckles but when i start on my neck they get freaked out. Ah well ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I used to gnaw on my nails, but managed to stop biting them [all except the index finger & thumb on each hand] ... weird I know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

actually I have to ad to my list:
    I drink out of cartons
    I crack my knuckles a lot
    I do an amazing amount of swearing

btw LadyJ a/s/l

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

c - 13 wrote:
    My worst habit has to be cracking my knuckles/back/neck etc ...
    Most people can handle me cracking my knuckles but when i start on my neck they get freaked out. Ah well ....

Aye thats my worst i'd say .

That and when i do get drunk , i tend to start talking to people jus tin movie quotes. at least my brothers do the same thing .... get some very strange looks in the pub some times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I do tend to quote things when i'm watching them, its a family thing
    I can quote off entire episodes of The Simpsons, Balckadder, Fawlty Towers...

really pisses off anyone not from my family though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

LadyJ wrote:
    Can't a gal be open about sex etc?! :rolleyes:

Of course... but do you have to bring it into every fúckin thread? Cajun Tiger VII.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Muineach

My worst habit has to be going down for too long on women :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have the habit of being incredably gorgeous all the time. It's a terrible habit I'm trying to break at the moment. :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

attentionwhore.jpg hehehe :D

oh and my bad habits, getting back on topic... putting people in thier place,
    drinking from the carton (because I cant see getting a cup dirty when I am the only one there) Spending more of my work day online rather than working, sending inappropriate texts when drunk, being brutally honest ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Drinking from a carton, Cracking my neck, bite my nails (very rarely now), very direct and scarily so when drunk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Of course... but do you have to bring it into every fúckin thread? Cajun Tiger VII.

I raise my glass to you sir. I was just thinking, how long before we see a thread - why do so many wierdo's talk to me on the internet?

Ok when i'm alone im prone to talking to myself in the 3rd person I dont talk out loud but i will say things like 'ah your a bad man Pighead' or 'come on Pighead pull yourself together mate' It started off as a laugh but now i cant stop it.

Pighead wrote:
    Ok when i'm alone im prone to talking to myself in the 3rd person I dont talk out loud but i will say things like 'ah your a bad man Pighead' or 'come on Pighead pull yourself together mate' It started off as a laugh but now i cant stop it.

That's because nobody else will talk to you.

Another bad habit you have is adding onto your own thread in an attempt to keep them going! :p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Bite my nails frequently
    Bite my cuticles sometimes
    Nasal root frequently

But by far the worst is the way that I never think of myself first. Its the worst thing about my personality. Means I get walked on a lot.

Kernel wrote:
    That's because nobody else will talk to you.

Another bad habit you have is adding onto your own thread in an attempt to keep them going! :p:p:p:p:p

Come on Pighead,keep it together mate,don't let this wally make you angry,count to ten buddy.

I have an annoying habit of reading ****e threads right up to the end, even though I'm almost certain that they're not going to get any more interesting.

Advertisement